Bears sign QB Trevor Siemian (2years, $4M)

RaidersAreOne

I have no idea why Foles and the Bears structured that awful contract that way. There was no upside to moving him last year. I guess he did not insist on his normal contract protections because he trusted Nagy would not burn 10 million on Dalton?

oops

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He will be by October when Fields gets hurt running for his life.

Na. 

They've already signed RG Lucas Patrick of Green Bay (only 1 sack allowed last year) and a really good LG from Pittsburgh in James Daniels. 

If either one of Aaron Rodgers/Ben Roethlisberger didn't get hurt behind these two guys, neither will Justin Fields.

And I'm sure they'll address O-Line with one of their two 2nd round picks too. 

• Justin Fields is going to develop into an absolute beast QB as Chicago continues to build around him.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. 

Everyone knows when a backup QB comes in, especially a relative unknown or guy nobody thinks has a shot, even opposing fans find it hard to not pull for him just a little. 

Foles, guys like Frank Reich, Jeff Garcia when he replaced McNabb....

You don't even have to win it all, just don't fail, move on, and your time with X team will forever be somewhat fondly remembered at the very least. 

Even as a Jets fan I always loved watching Doug Flutie of Buffalo and Charlie Batch of Detroit/Pittsburgh. 

Earl Morrall is probably the most accomplished backup QB of All-Time. 

13 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Na. 

They've already signed RG Lucas Patrick of Green Bay (only 1 sack allowed last year) and a really good LG from Pittsburgh in James Daniels. 

James Daniels was a Bear. He just signed in Pittsburgh. 

That Bears OL is still bad, hopefully Jenkins can come in and give them something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

a really good LG from Pittsburgh in James Daniels. 

How much can you really know about him if you think he’s a former Steelers LG just now joining the bears?

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

If either one of Aaron Rodgers/Ben Roethlisberger didn't get hurt behind these two guys, neither will Justin Fields

..totally different playing styles anyway? Fields is an athletic scrambler that occasionally puts himself in position on runs to get destroyed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

totally different playing styles anyway? Fields is an athletic scrambler that occasionally puts himself in position on runs to get destroyed. 

Russell Wilson. 

Lamar Jackson. 

Deshaun Watson. 

Patrick Mahomes. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Kyler Murray. 

Josh Allen. 

Etc. 

Have all made an NFL living off of both scrambling and then taking off and running the 🏈 and none have been "destroyed". 

So what type of point are you really trying to make here? 

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Russell Wilson. 

Lamar Jackson. 

Deshaun Watson. 

Patrick Mahomes. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Kyler Murray. 

Josh Allen. 

Etc. 

Have all made an NFL living off of both scrambling and then taking off and running the 🏈 and none have been "destroyed". 

So what type of point are you really trying to make here? 

Havent Wilson, Jackson and Mahomes all been hurt recently? Dak also. Wentz also. 

Murray also last year...?

I dont remember how each of them got hurt. I think Mahomes was on a basic QB sneak, so he probably doesnt count. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Havent Wilson, Jackson and Mahomes all been hurt recently? Dak also. Wentz also. 

I dont remember how each of them got hurt. I think Mahomes was on a basic QB sneak, so he probably doesnt count. 

Fields also got hurt last year lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It's Football. All players regardless of position and/or style of play get hurt.

So what is your definition of hurt dude? 

• Russell Wilson has missed 3 career games.

• Patrick Mahomes has missed 3 career games.

• Kyler Murray has missed 3 career games (and played his final 7 games last year).

• Lamar Jackson before missing 5 games last year had only missed 1 or 2 games due to injury throughout his entire career. 

That's a fluke injury and the opposite of "getting destroyed". 

And Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz? I don't really consider them as elite/mobile QBs. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Well they absolutely are. At least in the Wilson/Mahomes vein, not the Lamar/Murray/Allen type though.

Come on man Dak Prescott has averaged 34 passing attempts per game vs only 3.6 runs per game (throughout his entire career. 

Stop it.

Dak Prescott is NOT a running QB.

And please don't try and compare Dak Prescott as a runner to especially Russell Wilson.

• Russell Wilson first 85 games = 

513 Rushing Attempts.

2,843 Rushing Yards. 

Vs. 

• Dak Prescott career 85 games = 

307 Rushing Attempts. 

1,460 Rushing Yards. 

There is no comparison in terms of style of play. 

3 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Come on man Dak Prescott has averaged 34 passing attempts per game vs only 3.6 runs per game (throughout his entire career. 

Stop it.

Dak Prescott is NOT a running QB.

And please don't try and compare Dak Prescott as a runner to especially Russell Wilson.

• Russell Wilson first 85 games = 

513 Rushing Attempts.

2,843 Rushing Yards. 

Vs. 

• Dak Prescott career 85 games = 

307 Rushing Attempts. 

1,460 Rushing Yards. 

There is no comparison in terms of style of play. 

Dak Prescott is not a running QB. He is a scrambler. Like current Wilson, Mahomes and Rodgers, who are all on your list. Guys who do it 50-60 times a season.

Edited by Matts4313