Bills reach 30 year deal with State/County on new stadium

Trentwannabe

Im good with this, I may be the minority but glad its not downtown. I like the atmosphere of tailgating in a backyard then going to the stadium. Also glad its not a dome, we still get protection from those early september games from the sun as well as the snow in the winter but still get the outdoor elements for the players. It will also protect some of the wind too so those 60 mph games shouldnt happen again

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im good with this, I may be the minority but glad its not downtown. I like the atmosphere of tailgating in a backyard then going to the stadium. Also glad its not a dome, we still get protection from those early september games from the sun as well as the snow in the winter but still get the outdoor elements for the players. It will also protect some of the wind too so those 60 mph games shouldnt happen again

I'm good too, glad we didn't get a dome.

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Really is a joke with how much money the Pegula's have they couldn't joint finance it with the NFL, gotta make the city and state fund the thing.

Well the way i look at it atleast our tax payer dollar is going to something we can enjoy and not into the polticians pockets. With it being partially funded by state it allows the venue to be used for other things like concerts  and i know theyve talked about hosting US Soccer games.

It's not even "no dome" it's designed to keep the elements out but not actually be enclosed which... is stupid and pointless lol. 

Either be a dome or be open air. If it snows but it can't actually get on the field of play when it snows then WTF is even the point of it being "open" just have a dome.

19 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Really is a joke with how much money the Pegula's have they couldn't joint finance it with the NFL, gotta make the city and state fund the thing.

Its how business works they arent the only people who have city and state funding. You do realize that taxpayers paid 1.1 bil of yankees 2.3 bil stadium, mets were 600 of the 850 mil stadium too. At least the money is going to Western New York and you actually have something to show for the taxes for this stadium. You want to keep a team you have to pay for it, do I agree with this theory no but at the same time are you going to say Pegulas and NFL pay for it? They will laugh and move the team to a city who will finance the entire stadium because it is a demand and know how much revenue is brought in to the city. The city makes a couple mill a game and between that and the state of NY taxing sports betting they will make it back without any issues in several years. 

20 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's not even "no dome" it's designed to keep the elements out but not actually be enclosed which... is stupid and pointless lol. 

Either be a dome or be open air. If it snows but it can't actually get on the field of play when it snows then WTF is even the point of it being "open" just have a dome.

I think its just designed to keep the elements but keep the snow off the fans and out of the seats so they dont have to hire a bunch of shovelers shoveling the stands before every december game.

25 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Any idea of what itll look like? I dont see the point of it being open air but not have snow lol.. I'd like to see the design 

bills-new-stadium-field.jpg?w=1024&h=576

1223-orchard-park-rendering.png

Here is a rendering from back in December that was released. The field is still exposed to the elements but the standa are partially covered.

Edited by Kmart128