GDT - Week 10: Minnesota Sheep vs. Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Anyways, here's to a fun, injury free game! 

I'm not sure the Skins would be able to field a team if we have the same injury rate we've had over the past couple of weeks.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

- Our two best interior pass rushers are injured (Jon Allen and Ionnidis).  We were weak here already so losing them has crippled the interior. 

- Getting Norman back was a huge boost.  He's the straw that stirs the secondary's drink.

- Crowder is a good slot WR but he's injured.  Doctson is still getting up to speed after missing his entire rookie season.  Pryor has been a huge disappointment.  We don't have a WR with great speed that stretches the field either, which makes for tighter windows for everyone else since the defense plays up on us.  

- The Oline has been massacred with injuries.  Morgan Moses was our only starting Olineman that played last week, and some positions like LT were played by 3rd string options because our backups are injured.  Sounds like Brandon Scherff might be back this week, but Trent Williams and Long sound doubtful.  

- Rose has been very accurate so far and gets great distance on his kickoffs, the problem is his kicks are really low.  He's already had one FG blocked.  I don't think this is something he can remedy in the middle of a season.  

- Hopkins our kicker?  He's injured like everyone else. 

- Cravens?  Who knows.    

Just going to quote this since it got paged. It's essentially what I would have said.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Your offensive line has to give Cousins nightmares. Let me just say that as a fan of the Pitt Panthers and Minnesota Vikings, I'm so, so sorry for TJ Clemmings. No one should have to go through that.

Keep in mind that Clemmings is our 4th choice. It's possible we could at least get our primary swing, backup tackle (Ty Nsekhe) back.

It seems skins defense line doesn't not do a good job of containing qb movement in\out side of pocket. Could be an interesting gameplan in the Seattle game that worked, but we saw Russell just walk thru the engaged tackles with not much LBs staying home to spy a little. 

Wonder if that was the game plan vs a poor ish Seattle OL.

Just now, CriminalMind said:

we saw Russell just walk thru the engaged tackles with not much LBs staying home to spy a little. 

I hate to be repetitive, but Zach Brown was injured mid-game. He was replaced with the high IQ, but low athletic skilled LB of Will Compton. He's a try hard kind of guy, but he just cannot cover sideline to sideline like Brown can. Brown came back late in the game and was instrumental in keeping Wilson contained on the last drive.

That all said, is Keenum that mobile?

17 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

It seems skins defense line doesn't not do a good job of containing qb movement in\out side of pocket. Could be an interesting gameplan in the Seattle game that worked, but we saw Russell just walk thru the engaged tackles with not much LBs staying home to spy a little. 

Wonder if that was the game plan vs a poor ish Seattle OL.

Actually Zach Brown did a pretty good job spying on Russell Wilson.  We don't get much pressure in the middle but our edge rushers are solid.  Russell Wilson was able to gain rushing yards on broken down passing plays where we had a bunch of guys in coverage deep down field.  That, and the fact that Wilson is just an exceptional scrambler.  

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

I hate to be repetitive, but Zach Brown was injured mid-game. He was replaced with the high IQ, but low athletic skilled LB of Will Compton. He's a try hard kind of guy, but he just cannot cover sideline to sideline like Brown can. Brown came back late in the game and was instrumental in keeping Wilson contained on the last drive.

That all said, is Keenum that mobile?

It's still surprising that Zach Brown was unsigned for so long as a free agent this offseason.

Surprisingly Keenum is quite mobile. Now he is not a major running threat past the LOS, but he moves in the pocket very well, left and right and climbs the pocket well away from pressure off the edge. Could be combination of his ability and decent OL play from Vikings, starters and backups

It's still surprising that Zach Brown was unsigned for so long as a free agent this offseason.

What's baffling to us is that he's scheduled to be a free agent this coming season. We are nearly screaming for him to be re-signed.

Surprisingly Keenum is quite mobile. Now he is not a major running threat past the LOS, but he moves in the pocket very well, left and right and climbs the pocket well to suck pressure of the edge. Could be combination of his ability and decent OL play from Vikings, starters and backups

Okay, well that's something. Truly mobile QBs a la Wilson have given us fits in the past. Guys who are agile in the pocket but not real running threats, those we do better against.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@Woz how do you do the

Mouse over the part you want and click "Quote this."

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

the double split quote

Repeat for any

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

on the new site?

other sections you want.

Or do you mean, how do I nest quotes? Same basic idea. Just highlight both the quoted piece and the response and click "Quote this." Like so

Just now, Thaiphoon said:
2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

umm... this is pretty silly, i have to say....

feel free to come over to the Vikings forum if you guys want to discuss football.

It will get going soon. Have no fear

It's okay, Junior. I took care of it. Thanks for all your help. :D:D:D

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Repeat for any

other sections you want.

Or do you mean, how do I nest quotes? Same basic idea. Just highlight both the quoted piece and the response and click "Quote this." Like so

I don't see a quote this option.

Just now, MKnight82 said:
Just now, Woz said:

Repeat for any

other sections you want.

I don't see a quote this option.

For some reason, sometimes the little black popup doesn't appear (or will appear somewhere else on the screen not near where you highlighted). Just unclick the highlighted text and rehighlight.

Archived