GDT - Week 10: Minnesota Sheep vs. Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

The Washington Post highlighted a few key matchups in this game:

Thielen vs Norman

Griffen vs TJ Clemmings

Smith vs Davis

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/11/10/redskins-vikings-three-matchups-that-could-decide-sundays-game/

Only problem:

1) its likely that Josh Norman will see Stefon Diggs and Laquon Treadwell as well, since we move our WRs around a bit. Thielen can and will play X,Y and Z, and apparently Norman stays to one side.

2) we still don't know who is starting at LT for you. Regardless, Griffen has been a handful this year, leading the league with 45 pressures.

3) my guess is Smith, Barr and Kendricks will all have a piece of Davis, as well as Chris Thompson.

What do you guys think? Anything I'm missing here?

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Thielen vs Norman

Griffen vs TJ Clemmings

Smith vs Davis

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/11/10/redskins-vikings-three-matchups-that-could-decide-sundays-game/

Only problem:

1) its likely that Josh Norman will see Stefon Diggs and Laquon Treadwell as well, since we move our WRs around a bit. Thielen can and will play X,Y and Z, and apparently Norman stays to one side.

2) we still don't know who is starting at LT for you. Regardless, Griffen has been a handful this year, leading the league with 45 pressures.

3) my guess is Smith, Barr and Kendricks will all have a piece of Davis, as well as Chris Thompson.

I think that’s about right y’all Defense is exciting to watch. I also will be curious to see if Rhodes fallows Doctson. Sherman started too last week but it looked like he stumbled on the left side and didn’t follow him after that. Maybe something to do with his injury he’s been dealing with but teams playing us seem to see things on film covering Doctson differently then our other pass catchers

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Thielen vs Norman

Griffen vs TJ Clemmings

Smith vs Davis

Only problem:

Norman typically stays on one side unless someone is really giving us a problem.  We usually will start locking him on someone if they are killing it.  

edit- also Ryan Kerrigan is usually a handful for anyone.  So Kerrigan vs. Remmers is one to watch.  

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Norman typically stays on one side unless someone is really giving us a problem.  We usually will start locking him on someone if they are killing it.  

edit- also Ryan Kerrigan is usually a handful for anyone.  So Kerrigan vs. Remmers is one to watch.  

Remmers will likely be out i think. Rashod Hill will start if he can't go.

Good news for you guys is that Ioannidis is apparently out for this week. So, the interior of the line will be some combination of Ziggy Hood, Terrell McClain, and Stacy McGee. In other words, Case Keenum has little to fear about the top of the pocket collapsing.

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

Good news for you guys is that Ioannidis is apparently out for this week. So, the interior of the line will be some combination of Ziggy Hood, Terrell McClain, and Stacy McGee. In other words, Case Keenum has little to fear about the top of the pocket collapsing.

giphy.gif

It gets better @MKnight82

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/MINvsWAS-Injury-Report-Spencer-Long-Questionable/932f260d-c063-451d-9d37-a68ed9447ec5

After ruling out five players before last Sunday’s game against the Seattle Seahawks, the Washington Redskins head into Sunday’s Week 10 matchup against the Minnesota Vikings with only defensive linemen Arthur Jonesicon-article-link.gif(shoulder dislocation) and Matt Ioannidisicon-article-link.gif (hand) ruled out.

tackles Trent Williamsicon-article-link.gif (knee), Morgan Mosesicon-article-link.gif (ankles) and Ty Nsekheicon-article-link.gif (core muscle), wide receivers Jamison Crowdericon-article-link.gif(hamstring) and Brian Quickicon-article-link.gif(concussion), tight ends Jordan Reedicon-article-link.gif(hamstring) and Niles Paulicon-article-link.gif(concussion), center Spencer Long (knees), guards Shawn Lauvaoicon-article-link.gif(stinger) and Brandon Scherfficon-article-link.gif (knee), linebacker Zach Brownicon-article-link.gif (ankle) and safety Montae Nicholsonicon-article-link.gif (shoulder) questionable for the game.

http://www.redskins.com/team/roster.html

90 Hood, Ziggy DL 6-3 305 30 9 Missouri
98 Ioannidis, Matt DL 6-3 305 23 2 Temple
96 Jones, Arthur DL 6-3 320 31 8 Syracuse
72 Lanier II, Anthony DL 6-6 286 24 2 Alabama A&M
97 McClain, Terrell DL 6-2 302 29 7 South Florida
92 McGee, Stacy DL 6-3 341 27 5 Oklahoma

We only have four healthy defensive linemen altogether.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

On a positive note, Anthony Lanier looked pretty decent last week.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

On a positive note, Anthony Lanier looked pretty decent last week.  

That he did. However, that's somewhat cold comfort when the other three are just there.

The real problem will be if Zach Brown cannot go.

Imagine what happens when we want to run the nickel? Who are our linebackers? Choose two out of: Anderson, Carter, Compton, Harvey-Clemons, Smith, or Spaight. Smith and ... ?

Just now, Woz said:

That he did. However, that's somewhat cold comfort when the other three are just there.

The real problem will be if Zach Brown cannot go.

Imagine what happens when we want to run the nickel? Who are our linebackers? Choose two out of: Anderson, Carter, Compton, Harvey-Clemons, Smith, or Spaight. Smith and ... ?

Didn't both JHC and Spaight go down in last week's game?  Are we sure they are OK? 

I'd rather Smith have his hand in the dirt in the nickel.  

Sooooo Anderson and Co.... can't do it.  Carter.  

Didn't both JHC and Spaight go down in last week's game?  Are we sure they are OK? 

Neither is on the injury report at this time, so they should be available. Does that change your choices?

I'd rather Smith have his hand in the dirt in the nickel.  

My thought there was we could conceivably go with Galette at RDE. May not be the greatest run defender, but at least could give us some pressure from the outside.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Neither is on the injury report at this time, so they should be available. Does that change your choices?

Ya Anderson and Spaight.  

1 minute ago, Woz said:

My thought there was we could conceivably go with Galette at RDE. May not be the greatest run defender, but at least could give us some pressure from the outside.

Dude Galette is done.  He's been terrible this year.  Kerrigan and Smith should be getting as many snaps as possible, rotate Anderson in if you need to.  

Dude Galette is done.  He's been terrible this year.  Kerrigan and Smith should be getting as many snaps as possible, rotate Anderson in if you need to.  

Wasn't saying it was ideal, but as an option.

I just don't see where Anderson fits at this point.

CzAbe on gruden and Zimmer-  “we didn’t get the good one, we got the paste eater”

BMitch- speaking about why we aren’t using Thompson the right way and need to on the Minn outside backers- “for once can we create some plays to exploit a mis-match instead of running the same old plays”

everybody is starting not only to see it but to talk about it. 

4 hours ago, Woz said:

9ReRvb8.png

Archived