Eagles trade 2 of their 1st round picks

TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

SOS around the middle

Should we be hoping they trade both 1sts to move up for Malik Willis? I would think so.

It takes them out of the QB race next year which is when we'll want to be involved and it keeps them from being the best team they can be this year which should help the Saints pick next year land in a better spot. Like if they took Charles Cross and top WR left I think that benefits them much more this year and could help them compete for a wildcard spot this year.

23 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Should we be hoping they trade both 1sts to move up for Malik Willis? I would think so.

It takes them out of the QB race next year which is when we'll want to be involved and it keeps them from being the best team they can be this year which should help the Saints pick next year land in a better spot. Like if they took Charles Cross and top WR left I think that benefits them much more this year and could help them compete for a wildcard spot this year.

Yeah that'd be actual best case overall, we'd just own that pick outright.
Having a top 7 pick makes getting a Qb super easy. Them not adding a wideout and LT makes them losing way more possible.

Viable trade up partners would be what we should root for beyond that, which is what I was talking about a few posts back.
Tough with not a lot of teams taking a guy they wouldn't upgrade from this draft. Panthers and Falcons are great partners if they draft one this year because Panthers have been pick starved and Falcons lack talent, either could be enticed by a trade package to move up. Hope the Jags suck this year for another one. 

• Like 1

Future first hold more value than the 48th pick. If teams could trade a 2nd for future 1st straight up then you would see those trades happening. If you want to say mid to late round picks are discounted to that extent then I'd agree because I've seen it happen (See: The Eagles' pick 154 in the 5th that they received from Washington for a 6th rounder last year). I've been saying this whole time that I didn't see anyway they would select all 3 picks in the 1st for a couple reasons. There are the potential contract complications that could arise. They might not have enough prospects who they have valued in the middle of the first or are targeting there. On top of that, they have a QB that aren't completely sold on and they wanted an extra 1st in 2023 to have the flexibility to make a move for a QB if need be. So, they were in a position where they really wanted to move back and they were able to get at least fair compensation in this trade. They have some flexibility to maneuver around the next few drafts now.

I think people are reading way to much into this trade. Eagles were highly unlikely to draft 3 1st rd picks. All they have done is spreading 4 1st rd picks between two different drafts.

Let alone the rest of the picks dealt. You all look at it as a potential move up to draft a different QB in 2023 , I think Howie keeps kicking that 1st back every year until he needs it.

Whether that's 2023 or 2024? Hurts play in 2022 obviously will effect their or Howies decisions moving forward but it gives them options.  

Load up with 4 players to surround Hurts. Or replace Hurts with another in 23/24. Guess we'll see. Either way , smart trade!!!!!

• Like 1