Eagles trade 2 of their 1st round picks

TheRealMcCoy

We’re also assuming ANY other teams were willing to trade next years 1st. If Howie was at the owners meeting and was asking for a next years 1st for a 1st this year and only a couple teams were interested, then he got what he wanted. Sometimes you aren’t negotiating from a point of power. Opposite of the Miami trade. Still like it. No way Howie was taking 3 1sts. I think we all knew it would be a trade up or down with at least one of them. Kicking the can over to 2023 and picking up some ammo for this year is fine with me. Hell, just having that flexibility is worth some capital. A disgruntled veteran, a trade up for a QB next year, having the option to kick the can again, making a desperate team overpay, it’s smart economics. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

16 - 1000
19 - 875
194 - 12.2
-----

18 - 900
101 - 96
2023 1st - 410
2024 2nd - 54
--------

Howie kinda got bent over.

Just a really odd take to look at this trade and say we got bent over. The only way you can come to this conclusion is to ignore absolutely all context and go by a strictly numerical system that means absolutely nothing.

If you want to say it wasn't a great trade and that the value was kinda average I could see your point. This idea that it is a bad trade and we got bent over makes..... absolutely no sense.

• Like 2

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Just a really odd take to look at this trade and say we got bent over. The only way you can come to this conclusion is to ignore absolutely all context and go by a strictly numerical system that means absolutely nothing.

If you want to say it wasn't a great trade and that the value was kinda average I could see your point. This idea that it is a bad trade and we got bent over makes..... absolutely no sense.

Numerically speaking. In reality I don't think it's that bad, though I definitely feel Howie could've done better, and it's kinda underwhelming.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Numerically speaking. In reality I don't think it's that bad, though I definitely feel Howie could've done better, and it's kinda underwhelming.

What would have made the deal good for you? I'm curious.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I just really doubt many teams are looking to trade out of next years likely stacked QB draft to get more picks in this years very lackluster QB class. 

Still have two first round picks this year and picked up an extra third. Five picks in the top 101, 3 in the top 51. We are going to be getting a talent influx regardless if Howie can hit on these picks like he did last year.

It’s alllllll about Hurts, let’s be honest. Howie gets to keep that ammo in his back pocket in case Hurts flops. Our 2023 and the Saints 2023 + whatever other sweetener  will get you where you want to go most likely for a top 5 team that doesn’t need a QB. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Maybe, depends how the draft goes. Much like the Dolphins trade last year, got an opportunity that he was hoping would be there draft day early and took it.

Their number one goal should be getting the QB of the future figured out. Missing out on Wilson, and Watson in a year they didn’t see many answers in the draft (if any)…getting ammo in future years set goes towards that goal.

Staying at 18 kept a lot of value there. They can get a solid player or trade that for even more on draft day. Having Green Bay and KC pick twice each and need wideouts  should keep the value of #18 high.

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s alllllll about Hurts, let’s be honest. Howie gets to keep that ammo in his back pocket in case Hurts flops. Our 2023 and the Saints 2023 + whatever other sweetener  will get you where you want to go most likely for a top 5 team that doesn’t need a QB. 

Hope the Panthers do get Willis because they’d be a target to trade up with in 2023, they’re gonna suck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Hope the Panthers do get Willis because they’d be a target to trade up with in 2023, they’re gonna suck.

Panthers take Pickett, Seahawks take Willis and that is two really bad teams not looking for a QB. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1