Bucs sign S Keanu Neal

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He was drafted as the OT number 4, but pre-draft rankings had him anywhere from 2-4 in terms of the 'big 4' from that class. There was no consensus. 

Agree, though we drafted for need in that instance, but I think Wirfs was still one of, if not the BPA on our board at that point given some of the post-draft comments from Licht. 

Like I said in one of the other threads, I fully expect us to take our BPA within a position of need if we stay at #27 (whether that's WR, DL, OL, CB or TE). I don't see us taking a guy at #27 that we may have valued as a mid 2nd rounder just because of need. If the need is that dire, I think we're moving up or back. 

I would be surprised if Licht moves up with missing draft picks already.  A trade down, absolutely considering @ 27 is basically a 2nd rdr anyway.   I would prefer them trading out of the first rd.  With the depth issues at DL and TE, it would give Licht a chance to double up with prospects.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Everybody drafts for need. lol

It's just (usually) bpa in a position of need.

Not necessarily, especially the teams at the very end of the 1st round. They don't always have those glaring needs and can afford to take a player/position most wouldn't of pegged them to target. It's more rare, but it happens. 

I.E. the Jordan Love scenario. 

Last year at pick 32, Bucs sat and got their guy Joe Tryon. We are roughly in the same draft range. That said, I didnt think Joe Tryon was a r1 grade but the Bucs did. Thought he should been a target r2. That pick felt like a need pick over BPA. thought Barmore and Samuel jr were better nfl prospects.

this team is still ran by the GM who drafted a kicker in r2, reached for players like Keshawn Vaughn and SMB - a round too early.

We will see I think bucs need to draft for BPA and need. BPA and need at CB, TE, DT and OG will help this team. 27, im hoping either Wyatt or Johnson

51 minutes ago, indifference said:

Last year at pick 32, Bucs sat and got their guy Joe Tryon. We are roughly in the same draft range. That said, I didnt think Joe Tryon was a r1 grade but the Bucs did. Thought he should been a target r2. That pick felt like a need pick over BPA. thought Barmore and Samuel jr were better nfl prospects.

totally agree here, i was not in on Tryon 

he definitely surprised me and im glad , but he tapered off by seasons end, he needs to keep improving 

• Like 1