Steelers @ Colts Week 10 Gameday

MOSteelers56

12 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

maybe because Cowher teams did what they were supposed to.  even without a franchise QB they beat the hell out of teams they were supposed to.  They built leads and held on to them (what was that stat about 110-1-1 with 2 score leads?).  They played to their strengths,

It isn't the losing or overall W/L % that gets me.  Its the attitude that losing to crappy opponents is acceptable that gets me.

he says "the standard is the standard" for a reason-  he refuses 100% to ever adapt, compromise, or admit error.  his way/scheme/whatever is right, regardless of the outcome.

And yet Cowher's teams consistently lost to good teams... Cowher was never good enough to be elite teams. I'll take losing to bad teams from time to time for the chance to actually compete against elite teams.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

And yet Cowher's teams consistently lost to good teams... Cowher was never good enough to be elite teams. I'll take losing to bad teams from time to time for the chance to actually compete against elite teams.

the problem with your logic in that is the losing to bad teams neuters our ability to compete against elite teams  since we never have home field in the playoffs

also note: I said he never had a franchise QB.  even in that era teams without a good QB regularly lost to "elite" teams no matter how good their D and running game was.

please don't mistake my immense disgust with Tomlin as an insane love for Cowher

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

the problem with your logic in that is the losing to bad teams neuters our ability to compete against elite teams  since we never have home field in the playoffs

I don't disagree. However, Tomlin's teams have certainly been much more competitive late in the season than Cowher's teams did. Cowher beat up on bad teams, got HFA and then was routinely exposed in the AFCCG.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

vikings with a 3rd string QB put up 27 pts at the half against DC and here we are with ALL our starters on offense

Well our OC is a moron... Our QB who normally took the reigns and would run the No Huggle has checked out. Who's gonna call the offense? Antonio Brown?!

Archived