Steelers @ Colts Week 10 Gameday

MOSteelers56

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Exaclty why I tune out people who just want to blame Tomlin. 

it's his roster, his locker room, his decision on game-day starters, and the team is his culture.  the buck stops at the top.

that doesn't excuse the players in any way.  it simply places blame at the position of leadership that it belongs when this happens over and over and over  (note his signature prhases "we do what we do. the standard is the standard." --- he doesn't care

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

it's his roster, his locker room, his decision on game-day starters, and the team is his culture.  the buck stops at the top.

that doesn't excuse the players in any way.  it simply places blame at the position of leadership that it belongs when this happens over and over and over  (note his signature prhases "we do what we do. the standard is the standard." --- he doesn't care

It’s funny how Cowher never got micromanaged like this when he was having LOSING seasons. There was always an excuse.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It’s funny how Cowher never got micromanaged like this when he was having LOSING seasons. There was always an excuse.

maybe because Cowher teams did what they were supposed to.  even without a franchise QB they beat the hell out of teams they were supposed to.  They built leads and held on to them (what was that stat about 110-1-1 with 2 score leads?).  They played to their strengths,

It isn't the losing or overall W/L % that gets me.  Its the attitude that losing to crappy opponents is acceptable that gets me.

he says "the standard is the standard" for a reason-  he refuses 100% to ever adapt, compromise, or admit error.  his way/scheme/whatever is right, regardless of the outcome.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

How is Tomlin micromanaged? I kind of wish Colbert or someone would give him a kick in the ***.

Beyond that, this just isn't true. Cowher had people calling for his head in the late 90's and after AFCCG losses.

Archived