This draft sucks! You know, how I know? There's not 1 player I would trade up for.

Think about that for a minute....

Every year, every draft...

There's always 1 player you, me & everybody wants to trade up for. 

Remember when we were in position to draft Chase Young? How many people did you know at that time, who would have given up their whole draft for a chance to draft Chase Young?

Last year it was Kyle Pitts or J. Chase.

2020 was Chase Young or Joe Burrow

2019 was Nick Bosa or Devin White

2018 was Quentin Nelson or Barkley.

And so on...

This year? Not 1 player.

Stingley is good, but does anybody want to trade up with his injury concerns? Nope

Love Hamilton...Do you want to trade up with a player....that ran your 40 in H.S. 

Don't get me wrong. There's gonna be some some excellent players in this draft. I'm sure some will go in a round way lower than they should have. Happens every year.

But when I see my fellow posters actually picking players they want to draft @#11, I want to pull my hair out. (My head is shaved...lol)

We have 6 draft picks in this whole draft.

A 1st, a 2nd, a 4th, a 6th & two 7th rounders.

Not 50% should be wanting to trade down this 2022 draft.

Not 75% should be wanting to trade down.

100% of you should be advocating...

No, demanding we trade down.

8 Teams as I posted a thread on, have two, 1st Rd picks this draft. (And a whole lot more than that)

They don't need to trade up, or down, to get quality players to improve their teams. I'm sure some possibly will, but they don't need too.

We on the other hand, have signicant holes to fill.

We desperately need a MLB. I believe we need a #2 WR, I believe we could use a RB. TE is a position I would like to look at as well, even though we have Thomas & Bates.

We should continue to address O-line for improvements. Specially after trading for Wentz.

We really need a good FS. And after dropping Settles & the Greek? D-line depth is also on the table, if not a concern.

Back to my topic....

There's zero reason that we should pick a player at #11. 

I'm now currently in 100% Trade Down mode.

Regardless of who is on the board @11.

Now, I don't want to do a stupid trade down. Like trade down to Steelers at 20 for a 4th or something stupid like that.

BUT if we're on the board & Hamilton & Stingley are both there...(hypothetically)

and Steelers offer their 2nd rounder & possibly more?

I'm not even thinking twice about it!

Because not only do I know that we will land a good player @20? We will have added a 2nd rounder & possibly more to boot. 

and this team needs an infusion of talent, if we're gonna compete in the future.

and the more picks we get in this crappy draft, the more likely we will hit on some of them.

Anyone in the teens would be foolish to not want to trade to for Sauce Gardner or any of the big 3 tackles. 

I think the perception of game changer is different this year because the QB position is perceived as weak and WR, CB, Oline, LB are so deep this year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Think about that for a minute....

Every year, every draft...

There's always 1 player you, me & everybody wants to trade up for. 

Remember when we were in position to draft Chase Young? How many people did you know at that time, who would have given up their whole draft for a chance to draft Chase Young?

Last year it was Kyle Pitts or J. Chase.

2020 was Chase Young or Joe Burrow

2019 was Nick Bosa or Devin White

2018 was Quentin Nelson or Barkley.

And so on...

This year? Not 1 player.

Stingley is good, but does anybody want to trade up with his injury concerns? Nope

Love Hamilton...Do you want to trade up with a player....that ran your 40 in H.S. 

Don't get me wrong. There's gonna be some some excellent players in this draft. I'm sure some will go in a round way lower than they should have. Happens every year.

But when I see my fellow posters actually picking players they want to draft @#11, I want to pull my hair out. (My head is shaved...lol)

We have 6 draft picks in this whole draft.

A 1st, a 2nd, a 4th, a 6th & two 7th rounders.

Not 50% should be wanting to trade down this 2022 draft.

Not 75% should be wanting to trade down.

100% of you should be advocating...

No, demanding we trade down.

8 Teams as I posted a thread on, have two, 1st Rd picks this draft. (And a whole lot more than that)

They don't need to trade up, or down, to get quality players to improve their teams. I'm sure some possibly will, but they don't need too.

We on the other hand, have signicant holes to fill.

We desperately need a MLB. I believe we need a #2 WR, I believe we could use a RB. TE is a position I would like to look at as well, even though we have Thomas & Bates.

We should continue to address O-line for improvements. Specially after trading for Wentz.

We really need a good FS. And after dropping Settles & the Greek? D-line depth is also on the table, if not a concern.

Back to my topic....

There's zero reason that we should pick a player at #11. 

I'm now currently in 100% Trade Down mode.

Regardless of who is on the board @11.

Now, I don't want to do a stupid trade down. Like trade down to Steelers at 20 for a 4th or something stupid like that.

BUT if we're on the board & Hamilton & Stingley are both there...(hypothetically)

and Steelers offer their 2nd rounder & possibly more?

I'm not even thinking twice about it!

Because not only do I know that we will land a good player @20? We will have added a 2nd rounder & possibly more to boot. 

and this team needs an infusion of talent, if we're gonna compete in the future.

and the more picks we get in this crappy draft, the more likely we will hit on some of them.

Easy there Ace, I think the reason you feel that way is bc what this draft has as far as top talent in the top 10 is Edge and OT which we have two young talented edge rushers and a serviceable vet and serviceable 2nd year OT we drafted last year.

I wouldn’t say it’s a bad draft. It’s a weird offseason where a ton of QB trades were made so there is also no clear cut #1 QB option.

but to say it’s a bad draft? It’s not. Draft is full of Olineman, Edge Rushers, Corners, and extremely deep at WR.

if it wasn’t a deep WR class you would see multiple teams wanting to trade up for one but honestly with how deep it is they don’t need to

• Like 2

This happens every other year. "This draft is weak" I feel people and the media say this because they are afraid to go out on a limb and claim prospects are good fearing their reputation. Sometimes you have to make bold decisions even if they are tough. There's a good chance that Derek Stingley or Kyle Hamilton will be staring us at the face at #11. A couple weeks ago that wasn't even fathomable.

Devin White was a good prospect but I can't remember teams wanting to trade up for him. Chase Young was a generational prospect who everyone wanted and he's underperformed. Hindsight is 20/20.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 11:02 PM, LoganF89 said:

Easy there Ace, I think the reason you feel that way is bc what this draft has as far as top talent in the top 10 is Edge and OT which we have two young talented edge rushers and a serviceable vet and serviceable 2nd year OT we drafted last year.

I wouldn’t say it’s a bad draft. It’s a weird offseason where a ton of QB trades were made so there is also no clear cut #1 QB option.

but to say it’s a bad draft? It’s not. Draft is full of Olineman, Edge Rushers, Corners, and extremely deep at WR.

if it wasn’t a deep WR class you would see multiple teams wanting to trade up for one but honestly with how deep it is they don’t need to

There are really really really high CB’s and Safties as well. And throughout but honestly it’s funny when people talk about draft classes being weak I’m always in love with it 🤣🤣🤣 I loved the Watson Mahomes class and it was oh you can’t draft these guys and the class is weak. This class is loaded even without the sure fire QB

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

There are really really really high CB’s and Safties as well. And throughout but honestly it’s funny when people talk about draft classes being weak I’m always in love with it 🤣🤣🤣 I loved the Watson Mahomes class and it was oh you can’t draft these guys and the class is weak. This class is loaded even without the sure fire QB

Exactly! 

• Like 1

This draft is loaded at talent as others have said. Aidan Hutchinson’s floor is Ryan Kerrigan or a near 100 sack career DE. Tavon Walker, the OTs, Sauce Gardner, Kyle Hamilton & Thibodeaux are top 10 talents in every draft. 

The only reason - as others have said - why this draft is considered weak is because there’s not any Elite QB prospects. Malik Willis, Kenny Pickett, Matt Corrall & Sam Howell in last years draft would’ve gone round 2 or maybe even round 3. Ridder & Strong would’ve gone round 3 where Kyle Trask and Mond went or maybe even 4.

Edited by turtle28