Last Chance 2022 Mock - Discussion

dcat

12 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Sorry to hold things up a bit @dcat

Sent out a counter offer and I'm waiting on a response. Got my guy picked out if it doesn't take.

Guessing he's high on a lot of lists right about now. So I can't move back unless it's worth my while.

No apologies necessary. 1st few rounds need more time for trade offers.  Far fewer of those once you hit the 4th round.    This is a no-pressure mock.  See if you can touch base tomorrow.   

5 minutes ago, dcat said:

No apologies necessary. 1st few rounds need more time for trade offers.  Far fewer of those once you hit the 4th round.    This is a no-pressure mock.  See if you can touch base tomorrow.   

Should be a pick or a trade by 10:30ish am ET anyways.

Likely much sooner

Edited by RTTRUTH

New Ravens DC from Michigan, Mike Macdonald, gets one of his key pieces from last year.  The Baltimore Ravens have traded up to select Daxton Hill S/CB/DB/Every Secondary position and little brother of Ravens running back Justice Hill

I know it's cliche to not expect someone to fall this far but that's exactly what happened.  The Ravens were very worried that Hill would be a Falcon so we struck a deal and got our man

Edited by GOTA
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GOTA said:

New Ravens DC from Michigan, Mike Macdonald, gets one of his key pieces from last year.  The Baltimore Ravens have traded up to select Daxton Hill S/CB/DB/Every Secondary position and little brother of Ravens running back Justice Hill

I know it's cliche to not expect someone to fall this far but that's exactly what happened.  The Ravens were very worried that Hill would be a Falcon so we struck a deal and got our man

A Falcon? If I hadn’t traded back I would have taken him. But I knew whether I moved back 3 or 20 spots it was going to mean missing out on him.

These are the drastic things we sometimes do after bad trades cost you your 1st round pick and you’re scrambling to add talent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

A Falcon? If I hadn’t traded back I would have taken him. But I knew whether I moved back 3 or 20 spots it was going to mean missing out on him.

These are the drastic things we sometimes do after bad trades cost you your 1st round pick and you’re scrambling to add talent.

Interesting.  I thought you were trying to trade down for a OT but were kind of caught at a spot where it was a little early for who was on the board.  Without a 1st round pick you do have to always consider trying to add some to the draft class.  

The most obvious pick for the Falcons is a WR but they need help everywhere.  Hill is someone I usually see off by the end of the 1st round.  That kind of value can be very appealing to a team who needs to improve everywhere.  That at least was my thinking.