Name your player who surprising falls out of the first round and your player who is a surprise to make it into round 1.

Old Guy

I would set the premise that QBs in round 1 don't count. There are none that should, but we all know the position is over drafted every year.

I'll start:

Out: Daxson Hill, S Michigan will not be drafted in round 1. It's a positional value thing, even though he's got so much versatility.

In: Skyy Moore, WR Western Michigan will be drafted in the first round. James Jones top rated WR will make it in. Don't let the mid-level D1 fool you. This kid can play. 

Your turn! 

I don't think there's going to be any insane drops, but I think guys that are routinely projected in the first round that fall into Day 2 include Tyler Linderbaum, Nakobe Dean, and Devonte Wyatt.  Surprise FRPs would include Travis Jones and Kaiir Elam.

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think there's going to be any insane drops, but I think guys that are routinely projected in the first round that fall into Day 2 include Tyler Linderbaum, Nakobe Dean, and Devonte Wyatt.  Surprise FRPs would include Travis Jones and Kaiir Elam.

Yeah, I think you are right about falling out but wonder if we get any doozies like past years. 

2021 - Payton Turner

2020 - Isaiah Wilson

2019 - Tytus Howard, CJ Collier

2018 - Taven Bryan? I don't remember him being discussed anywhere near round 1, could be wrong. 

Edited by Old Guy

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, I think you are right about falling out but wonder if we get any doozies like past years. 

2021 - Payton Turner

2020 - Isaiah Wilson

2018 - Taven Bryan? I don't remember him being discussed anywhere near round 1, could be wrong. 

Rashaad Penny is the one that I was lol wtf in recent memory

Wilson didn't surprise me.

Have any of those dudes even been that good? I'm so out of touch anymore

Edited by Norm

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Rashaad Penny is the one that I was lol wtf in recent memory

Wilson didn't surprise me.

Have any of those dudes even been that good? I'm so out of touch anymore

Bryan, Wilson and Collier are busts. I am not certain about Howard but he has been starting, albeit for the Texans. Turner it's too soon to tell but he only played in 5 games and started zero. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Bryan, Wilson and Collier are busts. I am not certain about Howard but he has been starting, albeit for the Texans. Turner it's too soon to tell but he only played in 5 games and started zero. 

I don't believe in "reaches" as far as it goes with fans versus the NFL but that's kind of interesting really. 

Who was the super fast safety from ages ago. MAC school I think. Went raiders maybe, 2nd round. ESPN didn't even have footage of him play when he got picked. That is still great. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I don't believe in "reaches" as far as it goes with fans versus the NFL but that's kind of interesting really. 

Who was the super fast safety from ages ago. MAC school I think. Went raiders maybe, 2nd round. ESPN didn't even have footage of him play when he got picked. That is still great. 

Google is amazing. Mike Mitchell. 

Falls: Devonte Wyatt's multiple alleged domestic incidents scare teams off.      

Rises: Despite the achilles injury I think a team (*cough *cough Packers) takes a chance on Ojabo end of rnd 1.     Cam Akers showing a "quick" and effective return is possible.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

2021 - Payton Turner

2020 - Isaiah Wilson

He wasn't, until he tested. When people saw him workout, you started hearing chirps of him getting in the 1st as he had everything necessary to be a "pass rushing monster" but was extremely raw. He was the classic trust your coaching staff because this guys built different pick. 

45 minutes ago, Norm said:

Didn't Mike Mayock text in and even say to them "I bet I stump the truck with this pick" basically saying they wouldn't have footage of him as the pick came in? If memory serves me right

29 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Didn't Mike Mayock text in and even say to them "I bet I stump the truck with this pick" basically saying they wouldn't have footage of him as the pick came in? If memory serves me right

Which player would that have been?