Paul-Mac Mock draft 2022 (1 rounder with a single trade)

paul-mac

I didn't have time to do a 3 rounder this year or include lots of trades so just thought I'd do a fun single round effort.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Travon Walker, DE/OLB, Georgia
2. Detroit Lions: Aidan Hutchison, DE, Michigan
3. Houston Texans: Derek Stingley Jr, CB, LSU
4. New York Jets: Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State
5. New York Giants: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
6. Carolina Panthers: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
7. New York Giants: Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
8. Atlanta Falcons: Drake London, WR, USC
9. Seattle Seahawks: Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon
10. New York Jets: Jermaine Johnson, DE/OLB, Florida State
11. Washington Commanders: Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
12. Minnesota Vikings: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
13. Houston Texans: Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
14. Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
16. New Orleans Saints: Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
17. Los Angeles Chargers: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
18. Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
19. New Orleans Saints: Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
21. New England Patriots: Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
22. Green Bay Packers: Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
23. Arizona Cardinals: George Karlaftis, DE/OLB, Purdue
24. Dallas Cowboys: Daxton Hill, CB/S, Michigan
25. Buffalo Bills: Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
26. Tennessee Titans: Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Lewis Cine, S, Georgia
Packers trade their 1st and 4th rounders to the Seahawks for their 2nd and 3rd rounders
28. Seattle Seahawks: Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati
29. Kansas City Chiefs: Boye Mafe, DE/OLB, Minnesota
30. Kansas City Chiefs: Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
31. Cincinnati Bengals: Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
32. Detroit Lions: Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida

If we pass on Thibs and Johnson for a fricken WR at the 8th pick someone needs their butt kicked and then fired lol.

WR is no where near as big of a need as Edge Rusher is for the Falcons and even more so London isn't as good of a prospect as either of those guys are.  Then you take it even further and the WR position itself is not even in the same hemisphere as important as a legit edge rusher.

What makes this the worst of all is WR is so deep in this class you can get a WR thats as good and imo better than London in round 2 with guys like Pickens, Pierce, and maybe even Jameson depending on how his injury has hurt his stock.

We have like 5 to 6 guys on our roster at receiver that can give you around 500+ yards atleast catching the ball.   We have 1 edge rusher on the entire team that has ever even touched 4 sacks to 5 sacks in a year thats  a 1 year contract guy in Lorenzo Carter.   THE REST OF THE EDGE RUSHERS ON THE ENTIRE TEAM DOESN'T HAVE 5 SACKS TOTAL BETWEEN THEM THEIR ENTIRE NFL CAREERS.  Not just 1 season but their entire damn career thats how bad it is there. 

Our WR core is like 4x as good as our edge rushing group right now and lord knows our WR group isn't that great but their almost gods compared to what we have at edge rusher.

Theirs also no way anyone can convince me London is a better Prospect than Thibs is in this draft.  Thibs is by some people considered the #1 to #3 player in the entire draft.  London half the time doesn't even make it into the top 12 to 15.  If Fontenot is a true draft BPA guy like he says then this isn't even close.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:43 PM, FalconFan13 said:

If we pass on Thibs and Johnson for a fricken WR at the 8th pick someone needs their butt kicked and then fired lol.

WR is no where near as big of a need as Edge Rusher is for the Falcons and even more so London isn't as good of a prospect as either of those guys are.  Then you take it even further and the WR position itself is not even in the same hemisphere as important as a legit edge rusher.

What makes this the worst of all is WR is so deep in this class you can get a WR thats as good and imo better than London in round 2 with guys like Pickens, Pierce, and maybe even Jameson depending on how his injury has hurt his stock.

We have like 5 to 6 guys on our roster at receiver that can give you around 500+ yards atleast catching the ball.   We have 1 edge rusher on the entire team that has ever even touched 4 sacks to 5 sacks in a year thats  a 1 year contract guy in Lorenzo Carter.   THE REST OF THE EDGE RUSHERS ON THE ENTIRE TEAM DOESN'T HAVE 5 SACKS TOTAL BETWEEN THEM THEIR ENTIRE NFL CAREERS.  Not just 1 season but their entire damn career thats how bad it is there. 

Our WR core is like 4x as good as our edge rushing group right now and lord knows our WR group isn't that great but their almost gods compared to what we have at edge rusher.

Theirs also no way anyone can convince me London is a better Prospect than Thibs is in this draft.  Thibs is by some people considered the #1 to #3 player in the entire draft.  London half the time doesn't even make it into the top 12 to 15.  If Fontenot is a true draft BPA guy like he says then this isn't even close.

Umm…

I never said it wouldn't happen my friend just stated how dumb it would be. I'm still standing by that and still think the front office needs thier ***** whipped.  I'm at the stadium right now for the falcons draft party I'll see if I can find them and get to whipping lol.   Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off about the pick and am realizing the falcons just aren't going to ever change thier dumb mentality of taking shiny hood ornaments.  When the trenches win championships.     The whole group of fans at the stadium booed the hell out of the pick when it was made.  Dj Shockley got on a mic and was like wow y'all really didn't want a wr huh. It was sorta funny I think I got it on video.