Eagles Draft Day Party Palace - Day I, II & III

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

imo they got a better DT in round 3 than we got at 13. Jones just more violent. I'll prob be wrong, but I liked Jones a lot.

I liked Jones a lot too. Wouldn't put him above Davis, but I liked him in that early to mid 2nd round range. I could've seen him going in the late 1st if a team really loved him. I don't get him falling into the Ravens lap a decent bit into the 3rd round. Some teams just suck at this and allow teams like the Ravens to thrive.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

He's more like Luketa to me than a Mike.

That Mike/Sam sorta thing they’d need…just thinking you need a guy who can flow and get through a hole. Would be more of a take the guy and let him play to his strength 

expecting a trade back though 

Jeezla has had some... interesting takes over the years. Wonder if this one will look as ... notable in the coming years.

they aren't always wrong. And I think DT is my best position with regards to predicting who will be good.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Kiltman said:

That Mike/Sam sorta thing they’d need…just thinking you need a guy who can flow and get through a hole. Would be more of a take the guy and let him play to his strength 

expecting a trade back though 

More like Sam/Edge type of player. Putting Chenal in coverage is a huge mistake.

I didn't say they were! Just that you have some very unique takes in the draft compared to other folks, while at the same time not being completely out of the realm of reality. 

If you watch Davis and Jones back and forth to compare, Jones just looks more violent when it comes to putting his hands on people, and he's also really athletic. I think he's got a good chance to be the next Vita Vea (not as agile tho, so more like the next Marcel Dareus)

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Danger said:

More like Sam/Edge type of player. Putting Chenal in coverage is a huge mistake.

He wouldn’t be doing that so much, I agree that kinda role is a purer representation of his skillset. But he could do it.

Just looking at BPA 

Just now, Jeezla said:

If you watch Davis and Jones back and forth to compare, Jones just looks more violent when it comes to putting his hands on people, and he's also really athletic. I think he's got a good chance to be the next Vita Vea (not as agile tho)

While I think he should've been drafted higher, you've gotta think there's a good reason he wasn't a first rounder. It's not just like one team passed on him. But that's just my take. I had Travis Jones around 40 on my big board. Davis was round 15.