2022 Ravens Draft - 25th Pick - Tyler Linderbaum

coordinator0

I know there's going to be a lot of scheme fit questions but I'm not sure Baltimore's offensive line is as locked-in to a certain style as it seems. Stanley, Mekari, and now Linderbaum is a fairly rangy bunch. Cleveland isn't exactly immobile either. Zeitler will be fine with anything. Moses and to a lesser extent James don't particularly matter. 

Get the best players out there. That's what matters with the OL. I am pretty happy with this.

• Like 2

^ Well, that's good

The timing was unfortunate and I thought it might have been him not liking the pick, but now I'm thinking Lamar's WTF tweet was just after the photo of Hollywood at the Cardinals draft party, when he seemingly didn't know about this.... that's certainly awkward with Lamar just finding out.

Edited by wackywabbit

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

^ Well, that's good

The timing was unfortunate and I thought it might have been him not liking the pick, but now I'm thinking Lamar's WTF tweet was just after the photo of Hollywood at the Cardinals draft party, when he seemingly didn't know about this.... that's certainly awkward with Lamar just finding out.

This is a good point. It may be that Lamar was being purposely cryptic due to personal relationships being the subject.

Tyler Linderbaum was a guy I found while scouting the 2021 NFL draft class and I believe he was like the #7 ranked center or something last season and listed as like a 4th/5th round guy. So doing my due diligence, I watched him and I believe I mentioned that I instantly thought he was the 2nd best center in the class last season.

At the start of this season, I said Creed Humphrey never took that step you wanted in his final season and while not the most ideal scheme fit as it stands, Tyler Linderbaum did take that jump his final season to really elevate himself to being the best collegiate center of the last decade+, I think the positional value of an elite center is underrated.

I think what many also have to factor into the equation is that Lamar Jackson, has been most impacted by pressure within the interior, he loves to step into the pocket. With this pick, with Ziegler, and with probably Patrick Mekari playing at the position that will best suit him (LG), who is an excellent pass blocker... Lamar should have ample time from his interior OL options.

Throw Morgan Moses and hopefully a healthy Stanley into the mix, along with stud blockers like Nick Boyle and Patrick Ricard... and you’ve got an absolutely stud blocking situation. We might break the all time rushing record again with something like 3500 yards rushing with this kind of unit.

But from a pass blocking perspective, this should be the kind of OL that Lamar can get himself back into the MVP conversation with. Now we can relax and really just go BPA at edge, WR, and CB and we’ll be sitting pretty.

David Ojabo
Arnold Ebiketie
Christian Watson
George Pickens
Andrew Booth Jr

Those would be 5 names that I could really get behind. And I’d hope that we could trade some later ammunition to make it happen for getting maybe 2/5.

11 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

I know there's going to be a lot of scheme fit questions but I'm not sure Baltimore's offensive line is as locked-in to a certain style as it seems. Stanley, Mekari, and now Linderbaum is a fairly rangy bunch. Cleveland isn't exactly immobile either. Zeitler will be fine with anything. Moses and to a lesser extent James don't particularly matter. 

Get the best players out there. That's what matters with the OL. I am pretty happy with this.

That has to be the thought process.  I could see some of the pulling and movement that we used to see from Yanda in the RG spot now happening at Center.  It will be strange to have this short Center surrounded by massive guys on either side but they can account for it.  We're going to have to wait and see how this all works itself out but it definitely will work itself out.

11 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

^ Well, that's good

Lamar: Posts some cryptic tweet right after the Ravens pick a C

Everyone: Guesses at what that post could mean

Lamar: "It's not about that, stop that bs!"

BRO MAYBE IF YOU WOULD JUST CLARIFY WTF YOU'RE TWEETING ABOUT PEOPLE WOULDN'T BE SPECULATING.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar: Posts some cryptic tweet right after the Ravens pick a C

Everyone: Guesses at what that post could mean

Lamar: "It's not about that, stop that bs!"

BRO MAYBE IF YOU WOULD JUST CLARIFY WTF YOU'RE TWEETING ABOUT PEOPLE WOULDN'T BE SPECULATING.

I mean that's exactly what he did with his last two tweets. He was up in his feels seeing his ex-bro celebrating on the stage in Arizona. Probably expecting him to be moping around like he was at the moment.

• Like 3