2022 NFL Draft Day 3(No posting of picks until they are called!)

615finest

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

Larry Fitzgerald, Cooper Kupp,and  Anquan Boldin off the top of my head. I think Allen Robinson was in the 4.6 range too.. but at this point in the draft you can take a flier on somebody with a slow 40

Fitzgerald ran a 4.48.

Robinson was 4.60 even at the Combine, but did run sub 4.48 at his pro day.

Justyn Ross didn't run at the Combine and was 4.64 at his pro day.

I mean you can draft them, but it's not like he was a great prospect with a slow 40.

5 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Larry Fitzgerald, Cooper Kupp,and  Anquan Boldin off the top of my head. I think Allen Robinson was in the 4.6 range too.. but at this point in the draft you can take a flier on somebody with a slow 40

I tried to tell him 40 is overrated it’s about your 10 yrd 20 yrd split & 3 cone drill 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Cooper cup 4.62, Terrell Owens tan 4.6 coming out of chat Larry Fitzgerald 4.63, Anquan Boldin 4.71 Chris Carter 4.63 Michael Crabtree 4.55 4.6 range. Brandon Lloyd was a 1k yard receiver ran 4.6 Chad Johnson ran low 4.5’s pushing 4.6 

That Fitzgerald time is wrong. I'm not sure where people are getting it, but he didn't run at the Combine and ran 4.48 at his pro day. Allen Robinson massively improved his time at his pro day as well to sub 4.5.

So outside of Cooper Kupp, there are few enough guys that you could count them on one hand that ran over 4.6 and have had successful NFL careers, almost all of them playing in a different era of football.

It's not a hard limit, but it's just incredibly rare and requires special talent to exceed at WR in the NFL when you're that slow.

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Fitzgerald ran a 4.48.

Robinson was 4.60 even at the Combine, but did run sub 4.48 at his pro day.

Justyn Ross didn't run at the Combine and was 4.64 at his pro day.

I mean you can draft them, but it's not like he was a great prospect with a slow 40.

No Fitzgerald didn’t run a 4.48 he ran a 4.63 you talking about his pro day time officially combine 40 is 4.63

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That Fitzgerald time is wrong. I'm not sure where people are getting it, but he didn't run at the Combine and ran 4.48 at his pro day. Allen Robinson massively improved his time at his pro day as well to sub 4.5.

So outside of Cooper Kupp, there are few enough guys that you could count them on one hand that ran over 4.6 and have had successful NFL careers, almost all of them playing in a different era of football.

It's not a hard limit, but it's just incredibly rare and requires special talent to exceed at WR in the NFL when you're that slow.

Pro days are typically faster than combine times that’s why most scouts add a seconds on it, most athletes run way faster at their pro day than combine 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Pro days are typically faster than combine times that’s why most scouts add a seconds on it, most athletes run way faster at their pro day than combine 

Sure. That's still two guys playing in today's NFL with a sub 4.59 as an X or Z WR.

Not saying the other numbers aren't as important, but when you're that slow the other numbers generally aren't any good either.

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Sure. That's still two guys playing in today's NFL with a sub 4.59 as an X or Z WR.

Not saying the other numbers aren't as important, but when you're that slow the other numbers generally aren't any good either.

I gave you more that 2 guys, 40’s not that important you have guys who’d run 4.3’s all day & don’t make it in the NFL at all it’s about route running the ability to separate coming out of breaks & cuts 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I gave you more that 2 guys, 40’s not that important you have guys who’d run 4.3’s all day & don’t make it in the NFL at all it’s about route running the ability to separate coming out of breaks & cuts 

The other guys you gave me were drafted like pre-2005 and are already out of the league. 

Speed isn't the only import thing, but it is an important thing.

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The other guys you gave me were drafted like pre-2005 and are already out of the league. 

Speed isn't the only import thing, but it is an important thing.

You’re absolutely right speed kills I’m saying though to win in today’s league if you don’t have speed you damn sure have to be quick