Official Yankees Thread

mission27

5 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

No. We are gonna win 100+ in all likelihood, and missed all of our stars besides Stanton for lengthy amounts of time. Why would we fire Boone? 

If we continue to play like we are, we’re not going 10-5. We’re going to have a good record, but make no mistake about it, they’ve underperformed. If they continue to play .500ish ball and lose the WC it will be a complete disaster of a season.

Let me flip the question , why keep Boone? And don’t say he handles the media well, because I honestly couldn’t care less.

24 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

If we continue to play like we are, we’re not going 10-5. We’re going to have a good record, but make no mistake about it, they’ve underperformed. If they continue to play .500ish ball and lose the WC it will be a complete disaster of a season.

Let me flip the question , why keep Boone? And don’t say he handles the media well, because I honestly couldn’t care less.

Because he hasn’t had a season with a full strength roster. If i told you at the beginning of the season Judge would miss all of August and half of September, Gary would miss a few months and hit under .200 when he did play you would’ve taken 90+ wins and a WC birth.

Guess we will have to see how this all plays out, we went on a run last October, why can’t we do that now with a better roster? Assuming Judge can be close to himself when he returns.

I also don’t think it’s a good look for us to flip a manager in a year. That’s not who we are as a franchise. If this continues and we don’t win a WS with this core within the next few years then we can talk.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Because he hasn’t had a season with a full strength roster. If i told you at the beginning of the season Judge would miss all of August and half of September, Gary would miss a few months and hit under .200 when he did play you would’ve taken 90+ wins and a WC birth.

Guess we will have to see how this all plays out, we went on a run last October, why can’t we do that now with a better roster? Assuming Judge can be close to himself when he returns.

I also don’t think it’s a good look for us to flip a manager in a year. That’s not who we are as a franchise. If this continues and we don’t win a WS with this core within the next few years then we can talk.

We have had more than our fair share of injuries, but we’ve also had a lot of guys step up in the absences. we’ve also have had a lot of players this year take a significant step back, and now only  Judge and Chapman are out. If we continue to play like hell and lose the WC game, I wouldn’t be upset if he got canned . Idk what the guy brings to the table .

Figuratively speaking, the Playoffs start tonight. Not really obviously, but we've pissed away all the "easy games" that were supposed to give us space and now we're heading down the home stretch with nothing but AL East foes.

BOS's not gonna let up at the end - we've got six games with them and they'd like nothing more than to kick our a$$ into second WC position.
Plus we've got a four game series at The Trop - where we've never played our best ball. 
It's not gonna be easy - but no way we can finish it up @ BOS - fly 3000 miles to play OAK - then (hopefully) fly back 3000 miles to play BOS - and expect good things to happen.

OAK ends their season with "neighborhood" games against SEA and the LAA.

If we can get the spread to 3 or 4 games (likely who knows......) - we can use the end the year to insure our rotations set up. If we're in "must wins" down to the end.......we'll just have to play it out and hope for the best.

6 hours ago, pollino14 said:

We have had more than our fair share of injuries, but we’ve also had a lot of guys step up in the absences. we’ve also have had a lot of players this year take a significant step back, and now only  Judge and Chapman are out. If we continue to play like hell and lose the WC game, I wouldn’t be upset if he got canned . Idk what the guy brings to the table .

He doesn’t bring much to the table, but that’s what Cashman wants tbh. We know he wants someone that goes with that the numbers say. Period. The only reason Boone was brought in was because he connects with the players better. Anyone we bring in is going to be the same puppet, so i don’t really see a reason to make a change unless he lost the locker room which he hasn’t.

17 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

He doesn’t bring much to the table, but that’s what Cashman wants tbh. We know he wants someone that goes with that the numbers say. Period. The only reason Boone was brought in was because he connects with the players better. Anyone we bring in is going to be the same puppet, so i don’t really see a reason to make a change unless he lost the locker room which he hasn’t.

Not disagreeing, Cashman def wanted a puppet, I wasn’t a fan of it then, I’m not now.

We have 12 games left in the regular season.  Perfect amount of games to get hot. Judge/Sanchez need to be superstars that they are.

Im going to make the claim that tonight is the most important start of the year. We need Sevy to be Sevy. If he can dominate the last two starts , I’ll love our chances with him, Tanaka and Happ.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

We have 12 games left in the regular season.  Perfect amount of games to get hot. Judge/Sanchez need to be superstars that they are.

Im going to make the claim that tonight is the most important start of the year. We need Sevy to be Sevy. If he can dominate the last two starts , I’ll love our chances with him, Tanaka and Happ.

Judge will do his thing. I don’t doubt him tbh. 

Gary needs to step up and obviously Sevy. We go as Sevy goes. If he is first half Sevy i think we win the World Series. But that’s a tall task at this point.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Judge will do his thing. I don’t doubt him tbh. 

Gary needs to step up and obviously Sevy. We go as Sevy goes. If he is first half Sevy i think we win the World Series. But that’s a tall task at this point.

He’s looked better. Not Sevy first half, but hasn’t gotten shelled. Tonight is huge.