The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

And that makes him critical to all the plots of future movies?  I'm guessing he plays into Season 2 more prominently...but it's still just like, a kind of cheap throwaway streaming show?

Of the shows, Loki is probably the most integral to the grander MCU. It essentially is the reason a large part of what’s been planned in the films can happen.

The overarching plot of phase 4-6 is the Multiverse, Kang is supposed to be the consequence of a free/open Multiverse. 

He wasn’t going to be in everything, but the uniqueness of Kang is he has seemingly endless variants that are spread out throughout time and space. So he shows up a lot.

So if they are just ditching the character a handful of projects are going to need to be rewritten. Both small cameo appearances and the entirety of Avengers 5, which until recently was titled Kang Dynasty 

8 hours ago, Mox said:

I think they are better off sticking with it for a while. Right now we have all this multiverse stuff with no reason or conclusion in sight. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have all this multiple worlds stuff going on and then make Doom the villain.

It doesn't have to be Doom. Introduce someone else. Make it any other big comic book villain that's not Earthbound.

Kang has been essentially made irrelevant by the current movies and TV shows at this moment. Loki replaced him at the end of time, and the Kang in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantamania dies at the end. All they'd have to do is ignore 1 after credits scene (which Marvel has done multiple times already) because Kang hasn't been mentioned or seen in anything else. They just hired a new writer on Kang Dynasty less than a month ago. It's the perfect time to pivot if they want to.

They can stick with Kang if they want to obviously, but if they don't want to recast, then it's not hard at all to just switch the big bad to someone else. That's all I'm saying.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

And that makes him critical to all the plots of future movies?  I'm guessing he plays into Season 2 more prominently...but it's still just like, a kind of cheap throwaway streaming show?

A nice guy variant does.

Kang isn't critical to anything right now except the title of the 5th Avengers movie, which can be renamed.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

It doesn't have to be Doom. Introduce someone else. Make it any other big comic book villain that's not Earthbound.

Kang has been essentially made irrelevant by the current movies and TV shows at this moment. Loki replaced him at the end of time, and the Kang in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantamania dies at the end. All they'd have to do is ignore 1 after credits scene (which Marvel has done multiple times already) because Kang hasn't been mentioned or seen in anything else. They just hired a new writer on Kang Dynasty less than a month ago. It's the perfect time to pivot if they want to.

They can stick with Kang if they want to obviously, but if they don't want to recast, then it's not hard at all to just switch the big bad to someone else. That's all I'm saying.

But we know it would be Doom, so throwing out other names is meaningless.

Unless they decide that the whole multiverse thing needs to go and they wasted all of our time for nothing, I think it makes the most sense to recast, and then simply do an earlier pivot then they originally planned. Pivoting now would make so much of what's happened pointless.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

But we know it would be Doom, so throwing out other names is meaningless.

Unless they decide that the whole multiverse thing needs to go and they wasted all of our time for nothing, I think it makes the most sense to recast, and then simply do an earlier pivot then they originally planned. Pivoting now would make so much of what's happened pointless.

If the endgame for this is Doom anyways, then why is Kang even relevant?

I'm not saying they should change it up. But I don't see anything at all that has happened in the last 2 phases or that's upcoming where switching from Kang to someone else has any real impact. Kang has barely been involved, and the ones that were are now dead. Like...what has he been involved with or been hinted at that's so impactful where you can't pivot?

Treat Kang like Ronan. He hasn't done anything outside of his 1 movie and 1 cameo role. Just film one scene of someone else destroying the council of Kangs (you don't even need to film it, just have it mentioned by the new big bad), and it's all fine and dandy.

49 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If the endgame for this is Doom anyways, then why is Kang even relevant?

I'm not saying they should change it up. But I don't see anything at all that has happened in the last 2 phases or that's upcoming where switching from Kang to someone else has any real impact. Kang has barely been involved, and the ones that were are now dead. Like...what has he been involved with or been hinted at that's so impactful where you can't pivot?

Treat Kang like Ronan. He hasn't done anything outside of his 1 movie and 1 cameo role. Just film one scene of someone else destroying the council of Kangs (you don't even need to film it, just have it mentioned by the new big bad), and it's all fine and dandy.

You can pivot, but pivoting right now seems unwise. We still have more multiverse movies coming out. He's the only guy we've seen even remotely relevant to that story. Wrap that up first, even if it needs condensing. 

I mean, that's how Doom operates. He masterminds behind the scenes and strikes when it's convenient. This was almost certainly going to happen to Kang taking us from TKD to SW anyway, but that'd be after the story is done.

27 minutes ago, Mox said:

You can pivot, but pivoting right now seems unwise. We still have more multiverse movies coming out. He's the only guy we've seen even remotely relevant to that story. Wrap that up first, even if it needs condensing. 

I mean, that's how Doom operates. He masterminds behind the scenes and strikes when it's convenient. This was almost certainly going to happen to Kang taking us from TKD to SW anyway, but that'd be after the story is done.

Do we? I see a bunch of movies on the docket that have no multiversal elements at all, unless shoehorned in. Armor Wars? Thunderbolts? Captain America: Brave New World? And even if they do, why does it have to be Kang? You said he's the only 1 remotely relevant...remotely is right. Just introduce someone else.

Again, if the endgame is just Doom anyways, then why is sticking with Kang so important? 1 underperforming movie and a settled storyline in a TV show is all he's been involved with. He's had as much impact as Malekith and Ronan so far. It'd be incredibly easy to just make it a new villain.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't care if they stick with Kang or not since the post-Infinity Saga has been mediocre at best. I'm just saying it'd be very easy to pivot. It's not like pivoting from Thanos after Avengers: Infinity War or something.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Do we? I see a bunch of movies on the docket that have no multiversal elements at all, unless shoehorned in. Armor Wars? Thunderbolts? Captain America: Brave New World? And even if they do, why does it have to be Kang? You said he's the only 1 remotely relevant...remotely is right. Just introduce someone else.

Again, if the endgame is just Doom anyways, then why is sticking with Kang so important? 1 underperforming movie and a settled storyline in a TV show is all he's been involved with. He's had as much impact as Malekith and Ronan so far. It'd be incredibly easy to just make it a new villain.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't care if they stick with Kang or not since the post-Infinity Saga has been mediocre at best. I'm just saying it'd be very easy to pivot. It's not like pivoting from Thanos after Avengers: Infinity War or something.

I mean the very next movie we have is multiversal. The last one and series both had multiversal elements. There have been rumors about X-Men and F4 being from other universes.

I mean, like who? We had a whole movie named after the dude, we haven't seen any of the coolest parts of him, how much restructuring would it take to not only drop him entirely but introduce a whole new villain that wasn't planned? Or do you potentially ruin Doom's arc to bring him on sooner?

I don't really have a dog in the fight either. I don't care about Kang and the MCU is dying. I do care about Doom and don't want him to get ruined. But I don't think your proposed way is any easier than recasting. Your version involves numerous likely very large changes and actively makes the things that came before it worse. Recasting allows for smaller changes. Marvel has enough issues as it is right now, they don't need to be making anything more difficult for them than it already is.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I mean the very next movie we have is multiversal. The last one and series both had multiversal elements. There have been rumors about X-Men and F4 being from other universes.

I mean, like who? We had a whole movie named after the dude, we haven't seen any of the coolest parts of him, how much restructuring would it take to not only drop him entirely but introduce a whole new villain that wasn't planned? Or do you potentially ruin Doom's arc to bring him on sooner?

I don't really have a dog in the fight either. I don't care about Kang and the MCU is dying. I do care about Doom and don't want him to get ruined. But I don't think your proposed way is any easier than recasting. Your version involves numerous likely very large changes and actively makes the things that came before it worse. Recasting allows for smaller changes. Marvel has enough issues as it is right now, they don't need to be making anything more difficult for them than it already is.

Yeah I care more about them not doing Doom right than I do do salvaging Kang.

The only other character would the Maker, but would be a bit much to intro what will be the MCU Reed and then his worst case scenario so quick. Thou it does make sense for him to come up against The Maker earlier as a cautionary tale.

But he's more like a villain for the F4 sequel than a full blown Avengers threat.

If they are dropping Kang, it'd probably just make more sense to fully pivot Avengers 5 to a different story than the war against the Kang variants at different points in time that was rumored. Only other way is you make each variant a smaller villain that works for that role.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Of the shows, Loki is probably the most integral to the grander MCU. It essentially is the reason a large part of what’s been planned in the films can happen.

The overarching plot of phase 4-6 is the Multiverse, Kang is supposed to be the consequence of a free/open Multiverse. 

He wasn’t going to be in everything, but the uniqueness of Kang is he has seemingly endless variants that are spread out throughout time and space. So he shows up a lot.

So if they are just ditching the character a handful of projects are going to need to be rewritten. Both small cameo appearances and the entirety of Avengers 5, which until recently was titled Kang Dynasty 

Wasn't the point of that one whole Dr Strange movie, that most people have seemingly endless variants spread out throughout time and space in different dimensions or whatever?

I'm just kind of curious when people are saying the Loki show is critical or integral to the whole thing...how many of the average Marvel Movie Viewers even know or care?  I don't think i'm necessarily that atypical, as someone who doesn't take the whole "Universe" all that seriously.  I'll watch most of the movies and some of the shows because they're a cheap little action with jokes throwaway fun.  But that's generally about as in depth as i really get with the material.

So if they were to pivot completely away from this specific Kang or whatever, without reading this, i doubt i'd ever even have a clue.  Still might not even notice tbh.  😆

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Wasn't the point of that one whole Dr Strange movie, that most people have seemingly endless variants spread out throughout time and space in different dimensions or whatever?

I'm just kind of curious when people are saying the Loki show is critical or integral to the whole thing...how many of the average Marvel Movie Viewers even know or care?  I don't think i'm necessarily that atypical, as someone who doesn't take the whole "Universe" all that seriously.  I'll watch most of the movies and some of the shows because they're a cheap little action with jokes throwaway fun.  But that's generally about as in depth as i really get with the material.

So if they were to pivot completely away from this specific Kang or whatever, without reading this, i doubt i'd ever even have a clue.  Still might not even notice tbh.  😆

Yeah Multiverse of Madness was one of the many projects tied to it. Spider-man No Way Home too. The Loki show just sorta gives context and explains why it’s happening / continues to happen. But you’re right, most people will be just fine not knowing a lot of the details.

The vast majority of people will just be psyched to see Jackman back as Wolverine in the next Deadpool and not need any further explanation. Just like when Secret Wars happens and like everyone comes back.

It’s usually not that hard to just watch what you want and skip the rest, plenty of exceptions. But like I’m sure you didn’t need to see Ms Marvel to get who Kamala was for The Marvels. Just like you can take old Cap giving Sam the shield in Endgame as the only backstory to him becoming Captain America when Cap4 hits. But it’s all there to add flavor and context.

For those that engage in the larger arcs or know the characters from the comics, something like just dropping Kang is gonna hit way more than it would for the general audience. I’d say they’d be unaffected by it, but remains to be seen how well they rewrite things if that’s the way they go. It’s not nearly as far along as the infinity stones, but it’d be like just dropping Thanos midway through for someone else. Possible but kinda hard to do when Thanos is the natural result of the Stones being known like Kang is the natural consequence of a full Multiverse. They could still make an Avengers 3, but it would probably need to be completely different than Infinity War.

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah Multiverse of Madness was one of the many projects tied to it. Spider-man No Way Home too. The Loki show just sorta gives context and explains why it’s happening / continues to happen. But you’re right, most people will be just fine not knowing a lot of the details.

The vast majority of people will just be psyched to see Jackman back as Wolverine in the next Deadpool and not need any further explanation. Just like when Secret Wars happens and like everyone comes back.

It’s usually not that hard to just watch what you want and skip the rest, plenty of exceptions. But like I’m sure you didn’t need to see Ms Marvel to get who Kamala was for The Marvels. Just like you can take old Cap giving Sam the shield in Endgame as the only backstory to him becoming Captain America when Cap4 hits. But it’s all there to add flavor and context.

For those that engage in the larger arcs or know the characters from the comics, something like just dropping Kang is gonna hit way more than it would for the general audience. I’d say they’d be unaffected by it, but remains to be seen how well they rewrite things if that’s the way they go. It’s not nearly as far along as the infinity stones, but it’d be like just dropping Thanos midway through for someone else. Possible but kinda hard to do when Thanos is the natural result of the Stones being known like Kang is the natural consequence of a full Multiverse. They could still make an Avengers 3, but it would probably need to be completely different than Infinity War.

Exactly.  With the multiverse, it's so easy to just pivot and re-cast and push it off as another variant.  Problem solved.  Whoever suggested a Morgan Freeman version nailed that one.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast