The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It's weird to me the times it's okay to recast, and the times it isn't. This seems like one of the times it's okay. It's not like it's RDJ. (But I was also one of the people that thought it was okay to recast Black Panther too). 

They should have recast Black Panther.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Am i even supposed to know who that guy was in the "Marvel Universe"?  Was he remotely important?

He was the big baddie for this phase.

Essentially he is to the current phase what Thanos was to the first few phases. Everything was leading up to the big battle with him.

So yes pretty important and puts marvel in a pretty tough spot.

Edited by rob_shadows

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't think it's that hard to pivot from Kang. He was the bad guy in 1 very disappointing movie (both critically and commercially) and a supporting character in 1 season of Loki.

Not sure switching from him does any damage whatsoever.

You mean other then having to rewrite the scripts for every upcoming movie? This entire phase was supposed to be about building up to the fight with Kang.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

You mean other then having to rewrite the scripts for every upcoming movie? This entire phase was supposed to be about building up to the fight with Kang.

How big a change is that really? The Kang's that we've spent more than 3 minutes with are dead or irrelevant now. Just change who the bad guy is in the scripts and that's it.

6 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Everything 

Seems like a lot.  Is he some sort of Mary Sue character?

6 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

He was the big baddie for this phase.

Essentially he is to the current phase what Thanos was to the first few phases. Everything was leading up to the big battle with him.

So yes pretty important and puts marvel in a pretty tough spot.

You're gonna have to walk me through this like i'm five, because i genuinely don't even know who this guy is or why he's apparently the "big bad" for whatever this phase is.

I looked up this guy's filmography and...i haven't got around to watching Quantum Ant Man yet, and i do not even remember him at all from the first season of Loki.

Were they really setting this guy up to be the main villain, through just those two things?

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't think it's that hard to pivot from Kang. He was the bad guy in 1 very disappointing movie (both critically and commercially) and a supporting character in 1 season of Loki.

Not sure switching from him does any damage whatsoever.

I think they are better off sticking with it for a while. Right now we have all this multiverse stuff with no reason or conclusion in sight. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have all this multiple worlds stuff going on and then make Doom the villain.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Seems like a lot.  Is he some sort of Mary Sue character?

You're gonna have to walk me through this like i'm five, because i genuinely don't even know who this guy is or why he's apparently the "big bad" for whatever this phase is.

I looked up this guy's filmography and...i haven't got around to watching Quantum Ant Man yet, and i do not even remember him at all from the first season of Loki.

Were they really setting this guy up to be the main villain, through just those two things?

He was only in the last episode of season 1, he's the guy that made the time variance authority.

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

He was only in the last episode of season 1, he's the guy that made the time variance authority.

And that makes him critical to all the plots of future movies?  I'm guessing he plays into Season 2 more prominently...but it's still just like, a kind of cheap throwaway streaming show?

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast