> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

All those GMs looking like geniuses. I went to bed knowing that TB game was over. They couldn’t move the ball for anything. Woke up to a great surprise. That loss will go a long way. NO’s players going to start making business decisions. I would love a top 3. But top 5 is incredible. At this point, I hope Howie finds a sucker to keep adding 1s to the pile. I wouldn’t mind trading out at this point. 

57 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

All those GMs looking like geniuses. I went to bed knowing that TB game was over. They couldn’t move the ball for anything. Woke up to a great surprise. That loss will go a long way. NO’s players going to start making business decisions. I would love a top 3. But top 5 is incredible. At this point, I hope Howie finds a sucker to keep adding 1s to the pile. I wouldn’t mind trading out at this point. 

If we are top 5 we gotta just stick there and go BPA unless some moron is trading the farm for a QB. For example imagine adding an Elite level pass rusher to this defense? Disgusting.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Micky Loomis is a bad GM. He hired Sean Payton and it worked out for them while he was there, but now that Payton's not there to make up for Loomis' mismanagement of assets, he's failing.

Loomis is Howie if Howie was bad at his job. Thank god Howie is good at his.

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Will Anderson is gone. Myles Murphy and Jalen Carter still there at 5. Do you trade back?

Nah, Carter will be special. Fits too well into taking over for Fletch. I want a stud edge guy but him and Davis basically making teams hurry the ball out and only to the sides really limits them…especially if this week was a preview of Nakobe’s instincts back there. A lb who can flow like that is exactly what you need.

I like Murphy a lot too, not sure why people soured on him more.

Cop out answer is obviously “depends what we get back”. If there is a QB there and some team is giving us 3 firsts, it obviously changes things. But Carter, Murphy and definitely Anderson are guys who could be traded in 4 years for more than a first if they hit their projection. So it is part of the equation, you don’t get guys that cheap. Especially the eagles, who rarely ever start with a top 10 pick.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Eagles 2023 Free Agents
Hargrave
Cox
Quinn
Graham
Suh
Linval

Basically we got Sweat, Reddick, and Jordan Davis under contract next year. Milton too. We're gonna need to draft a DL, and I'd prefer we do it as early as possible. Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson, Foskey, Carter. Whichever ends up being the best prospect.

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Eagles 2023 Free Agents
Hargrave
Cox
Quinn
Graham
Suh
Linval

Basically we got Sweat, Reddick, and Jordan Davis under contract next year. Milton too. We're gonna need to draft a DL, and I'd prefer we do it as early as possible. Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson, Foskey, Carter. Whichever ends up being the best prospect.

I don’t disagree. Two points tho; we are bound to get one or two of those guys back. Howie values depth on the DL more than anything else I think. Also, one stud edge or tackle won’t suffice if that’s the case. We’re going to need to trade down, and make multiple DL picks. That Jalen bag is going to be heavy. We’re going to need to be cheap on defense for a few years. Multiple starting draft picks is how you have to get it done. Unless these guys are going to take reasonable contracts to continue to be here, (Hargrave, Bradberry, CJGJ) defense will have a bunch of holes. I’d like to take this opportunity to fill the cupboard. 

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If we are top 5 we gotta just stick there and go BPA unless some moron is trading the farm for a QB. For example imagine adding an Elite level pass rusher to this defense? Disgusting.

Problem is, there’s going to be a bit of turnover on the defensive side. Im sure I’m being greedy but if we can trade down to some QB hungry franchise and parlay the pick into 2-3 starters potentially, I’ll take that over one blue chip guy, as enticing as it is.  

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Will Anderson is gone. Myles Murphy and Jalen Carter still there at 5. Do you trade back?

Nope. And this might just be me, but I take a look at Skoronski as our potential starting RG. Isaac also set to be a FA.

Mailata-Landon-Jurgens-Skoronski-Lane

Would be nice. DL gonna be too big of a need though, I think, even if we have Skoronski graded at a 97, while Murphy/Carter are 95's.

Edited by Jeezla

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

we are bound to get one or two of those guys back

Do we even want any of them back besides Hargrave and Suh? Unless they are giving big time home town discounts?

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Do we even want any of them back besides Hargrave and Suh?

Meh, I dunno. I think they can be effective in a limited role. Can’t be paying 10M a year for it though. Cox playing 25 snaps a game is still productive. 

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If Cox doesn't cost a fortune I would love for him to come back. I think he is going to get a sizable contract in FA though and we just can't pay him that.

I feel like Cox has been pretty booty even though he has 5 sacks.