Bears release QB Nick Foles and coffee discussion thread

CBears019

Just now, CBears019 said:

Coffee?  Do tell.

He was big fan of bullet proof coffee and would make enough for everyone in the locker room at Philly and Jags. It actually is really good coffee. He uses some Keto stuff in his but I tried it once and that crap is STRONG, nasty, and tastless at the same time (if that makes sense). Plus I'm not an athlete either so I forgo that part of the process.

https://www.bulletproof.com/

7 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Coffee?  Do tell.

It's basically normal coffee with butter and coconut oil blended in, usually with a frother. Keto diet drinks it because they rely on high fat consumption to hit their daily caloric needs. Have done keto myself several times, likely to do it again.

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It's basically normal coffee with butter and coconut oil blended in, usually with a frother. Keto diet drinks it because they rely on high fat consumption to hit their daily caloric needs. Have done keto myself several times, likely to do it again.

The oil that he puts in his coffee is......WOAH! That's the best way to describe it. Even just a single drop of that stuff will blow you back. Not exaggerating either. One drop.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The oil that he puts in his coffee is......WOAH! That's the best way to describe it. Even just a single drop of that stuff will blow you back. Not exaggerating either. One drop.

He's probably using MCT oil, which is like coconut oil on steroids.

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

He's probably using MCT oil, which is like coconut oil on steroids.

Yep. That's what it was. I knew nothing about that stuff at all. The first time I bought it I followed his recipe to a tee and of course bought a bottle of the oil too. Needless to say after one try I threw the bottle away and only bought the coffee after that.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yep. That's what it was. I knew nothing about that stuff at all. The first time I bought it I followed his recipe to a tee and of course bought a bottle of the oil too. Needless to say after one try I threw the bottle away and only bought the coffee after that.

Walmart carries the coffee both in a spoonable form as well as in single serve pouch form, last I checked. I think they also carry it in a single serve keurig.

Of course, you can also make it yourself at home using the method prescribed above. Usually it's 1 tablespoon of both butter and coconut oil, and if you can blend it until it's foamy, that's the best way.

• Like 1

If you guys really want fresh, pure coffee, try an Aeropress with freshly ground beans, one scoop per 8 ounce cup. Heat your water to 175 degrees Farenheit, steep for 10 seconds, press and dilute with hot water to desired strength. There is no better cup.