2022 ROT

DreamKid

21 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Rams just won the Superbowl with 1 dude, arguably 2 if you count Robert Woods + OBJ in any combination of when either were healthy. Chiefs have won the Superbowl with 2 dudes. I think us having 2 dudes can be fine, we just need to not choke when it comes playoff time and our offense needs to actually show up.

I get your point but the Rams started the season off with 2 proven dudes: Kupp and Woods, plus two guys in Van Jefferson and Higbee that were hopefuls.

They ended the season with 2 dudes in Kupp and OBJ… and once OBJ went down in that final game, it almost seemed like it wouldn’t be enough.

Felt like that win was more about Kupp being one of the very best dudes in the league and Donald being the same… and it was JUST enough.

We enter this season “expecting” Bateman to be a dude, but he hasn’t shown that yet, so really we’ve only got one proven dude in Andrews. But I’m willing to say we’ve got two because I trust Bateman’s profile.

We don’t have enough buffer in case of injury. I feel you need at least two guys eating during a postseason run and we’ve got exactly two… and the NFL is a long 17 game season and Andrews has suffered from dings throughout his career and Bateman suffered from some injuries throughout last season as well as in college.

What are the chances that we luck out and have both (relatively) healthy and balling for a playoff run? Maybe it’s a solid chance, but with the roster we’re assembling that also has some quality veterans, I would hate if our season were derailed because of one weapon.

I doubt we could realistically afford DK Metcalf from a contract perspective nor from a draft cost perspective.

Though Tyler Lockett, with his contract, I would absolutely be willing to give up some picks for if we’re unable to get another weapon added before training camp. He’s got a great contract for the next two seasons, fits as a blocker and what we would need as an impact receiver come playoff time, and plays like a Raven. Not sure what would get the deal done for Seattle or if they would even have him on the block, but a 2023 3rd and 2024 conditional 2nd/3rd would be very enticing if that would be something they would consider.

14 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Think we’ve kicked the tires on obj at all? I know he’s coming off injury and likely will not be ready to start the season.

I don’t think he would be a fit within our offense nor want to play within a scheme like this that’s less glamorous and requires some blocking commitment. Plus I think there’s a reason Marlon and Peters call him and his body the homegirls, particularly OBJ.

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

please god no.

This really reminds me of the year we had Mason/Housh/Boldin. We already have like 8 people to work the middle. We need speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Duvernay and Bateman are both much much faster than any of those guys not to mention we lack that dawg mentality on the offense as a whole but especially in the receiver room… 

4 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

Duvernay and Bateman are both much much faster than any of those guys not to mention we lack that dawg mentality on the offense as a whole but especially in the receiver room… 

Yeah but I mean if Duvernay is taking over Hollywood's spot, then what do we need at WR that Landry fills? Blocking? We have like 9 TE's to do that.

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah but I mean if Duvernay is taking over Hollywood's spot, then what do we need at WR that Landry fills? Blocking? We have like 9 TE's to do that.

Let’s be real here… I like Wallace and Proche but Landry is a proven guy that will give us a known commodity in the slot if likely kolar Wallace or proche aren’t what we hoped for out the gate… I would prefer knowing what we’re getting than living off of possible growth of guys who haven’t ever produced at this level.. Not to mention Landry is a dog… We need that alpha super competitive nature in our receiver room which is something we haven’t had on offense since Steve Smith… I’d rather have Landry on the team and guys beat him out for his position than to not have a guy if the young fellas don’t pan out IMO

Edited by bmorecareful
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

Let’s be real here… I like Wallace and Proche but Landry is a proven guy that will give us a known commodity in the slot if likely kolar Wallace or proche aren’t what we hoped for out the gate… I would prefer knowing what we’re getting than living off of possible growth of guys who haven’t ever produced at this level.. Not to mention Landry is a dog… We need that alpha super competitive nature in our receiver room which is something we haven’t had on offense since Steve Smith… I’d rather have Landry on the team and guys beat him out for his position than to not have a guy if the young fellas don’t pan out IMO

That's not how you develop draft picks.

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

That's not how you develop draft picks.

Boykin Watkins and Brown are all no longer apart of the roster.. meaning we have 4 receivers that we’re consistently apart of the 53 man roster and three of those guys were drafted 3rd round or later… We are a team with championship aspirations… Ain’t no way we can go into the season with our entire WR room having less than 100 career receptions combined… That would be extremely irresponsible of our personnel department 

Edited by bmorecareful

Harbaugh at today's Rookie Camp presser again went out of his way to discuss Patrick Mekari, and even said they spoke about his role. He also for the first time mentioned the possibility of Tyler Linderbaum not starting. Which would be an outcome so horrific I don't even want to think about it tbh. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

please god no.

This really reminds me of the year we had Mason/Housh/Boldin. We already have like 8 people to work the middle. We need speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

FWIW, Jarvis Landry has some DV stuff in his past. On video pushing/throwing intoxicated woman into his car IIRC. So signing him would be a step back from our 'total' freeze on players with those kinds of issues. 

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Harbaugh at today's Rookie Camp presser again went out of his way to discuss Patrick Mekari, and even said they spoke about his role. He also for the first time mentioned the possibility of Tyler Linderbaum not starting. Which would be an outcome so horrific I don't even want to think about it tbh. 

Yeah, the part about him not starting doesn’t concern me. Seemed more like it would be a worst case scenario for it Linderbaum just didn’t pick up the offense.

Sounded more like Mekari will compete for LG reading the tea leaves. I haven’t heard Harbaugh mention Ben Cleveland at all and the rest of the OL is pretty settled, so you’d have to think that’s the play.

He also mentioned that Faalele will play this year. Probably gearing up to use him as the extra blocker during obvious run situations.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

He also mentioned that Faalele will play this year. Probably gearing up to use him as the extra blocker during obvious run situations.

That'll be fun. Faalele-Boyle-Ricard all attacking the same edge with Gus, Dobbins, or Lamar behind them.... who stops that?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...