Steelers sign S Damontae Kazee

TheKillerNacho

11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/film-room-pittsburgh-adds-opportunistic-fearless-db-in-damontae-kazee/

Kazee struggled a bit with Dallas last season, but showed promise with Atlanta. He should look to compete for the starting SS spot for the Steelers.

No sir he was one of the worst players we had on our entire roster.  He was the one person i begged for the Falcons to release and not bring back ever.  It was so bad at one point that Baldinger was breaking down our missed assignments every week of WR's and teams being wide open by like 10 to 15 yards just standing there.  Each time it happened it was Kazee missing an assignment and not knowing what he was doing at all most the time.    I will give him credit on one thing though he was very lucky 1 season on alot of tipped balls and thrown prayers landing his way that he intercepted.  He did have 1 or 2 good interceptions he actually caused on his own that year as well but the majority was not plays that he read the right route and made a good play on the ball. 

Now with that said i hope he does well with the steelers and becomes a much much better player than he was here i don't dislike the guy he just was a extremely bad player for us on one of our worst defenses in team history and i never want to see him near a Falcons uniform again :)   Pulling for him to make a pro bowl as a steeler though good luck.

49 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

No sir he was one of the worst players we had on our entire roster.  He was the one person i begged for the Falcons to release and not bring back ever.  It was so bad at one point that Baldinger was breaking down our missed assignments every week of WR's and teams being wide open by like 10 to 15 yards just standing there.  Each time it happened it was Kazee missing an assignment and not knowing what he was doing at all most the time.    I will give him credit on one thing though he was very lucky 1 season on alot of tipped balls and thrown prayers landing his way that he intercepted.  He did have 1 or 2 good interceptions he actually caused on his own that year as well but the majority was not plays that he read the right route and made a good play on the ball. 

Now with that said i hope he does well with the steelers and becomes a much much better player than he was here i don't dislike the guy he just was a extremely bad player for us on one of our worst defenses in team history and i never want to see him near a Falcons uniform again :)   Pulling for him to make a pro bowl as a steeler though good luck.

We have terrible luck finding and developing DBs, so if he sucked for you, I promise he will suck for us.

That being said, he will likely just be a backup to Edmunds.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

We have terrible luck finding and developing DBs, so if he sucked for you, I promise he will suck for us.

lol i feel your pain my friend we have the same luck on edge rushers.  We can never get one from anyone that turns out great in FA.  The last time we really got one that was good we traded for in the draft getting John Abraham giving up a late 1st round pick for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 43M said:

He sucked for us also. About 200 yards credited to Diggs were Kazees fault. We didnt even try to bring him back and he was cheap. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

He sucked for us also. About 200 yards credited to Diggs were Kazees fault. We didnt even try to bring him back and he was cheap. 

Well, he is coming to a place that doesn't have super high standards for DBs....despite Tomlin being a former secondary coach.    

So he'll fit right in.   ^_^

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Overall I agree with this. I think he exhibited desirable skills but failed to really produce with them. IF our coaching staff can refine him a bit it could be a good fit. But as @43M is alluding to, that's an enormous IF