Washington’s Home/Away Opponents

Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, Tennessee Titans 

Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

4-13

C'mon Thai...

We won 7 with Heinike at QB last yr.

10 of our games were vs Playoff opponents & we won 2 of those. (Tampa & Raiders)

I know every year is different, but we only have 7 playoff games on this year's schedule from the teams last year.

6 of our games this year are from teams that picked before us in the draft.

With Carson Wentz at QB & added talent this year. (Specially Offense)?

I see 9 wins on the schedule at minimum.

Sweep Giants= 2 wins

Atlanta at home=win

Jaguars at home=win

Bears on the road=win

Lions on the road=win

Texans on the road= win

Colts on the road=win

Niners on the road=win

Vikings & Titans are a Maybe ??

Dallas & Philly x 4 games unknown??

I think our floor is 7 & our ceiling is 14.

And that's assuming Dallas, Browns & Packers are juggernauts.

Which I'm not sure is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

I think @ Colts & @ Eagles will be primetime. "The Wentz Reunion".

Minny COULD be with a Cousins reunion, but I'm leaning no, since the draw probably wouldn't be that good.

I think Dallas is always a possibility, if not probability. But we're not the Redskins anymore....Does the rivalry still have any zing to it? Or will the hatred between both teams prevail over any name change?

and I'll leave a little slight if any chance with Green Bay. I do think a Carson Wentz vs Aaron Rodgers show would be a good draw. Question is....I would NOT be shocked if we end up playing G.B. on primetime this yr. Could this be the surprise primetime opponent?

other than that? That's probably it. Anywhere from 2 to 4 primetime games.

any more than 4, would shock the hell out of me & that's including a Thanksgiving game.

But theres something about introducing a new team, new colors, new uni's, etc that the NFL will probably want to cash in on.

and let's face it? Wentz is a name. Heinike is not a name. Alex Smith is not a name....Who was our QB that got hurt in Wk-1 last yr?

Exactly....

and the NFL loves there QB's. So we'll get some primetime. 

Edited by aceinthehouse

Right now I see:

Week 1:  Jax

Week 6:  @ Chi (TNF)

Didn't see a primetime with the Bears, but ok. That's 1 so far.

Nice to get Jags wk-1. I believe it's important to start the season off with an early win & build momentum. 

Someone needs to create a thread & sticky it. (Our schedule)

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

JP obviously hadn’t heard about them claiming Wes Martin when he concluded it was a “good chance for a win.”

I can already see it.

"Washington Commanders season in review. With their week one win against Jacksonville, the Commanders were above .500. This marks the last time they would achieve this feat."

55 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I can already see it.

"Washington Commanders season in review. With their week one win against Jacksonville, the Commanders were above .500. This marks the last time they would achieve this feat."

"The team that destroyed Carson Wentz and his future in Indy has already destroyed his career in Washington" 

• Like 1