Texans off-season thread

ET80

11 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Johnny Manziel 

why not?

give him a non guaranteed minimum deal. Carry him as our 4th QB going into camp. If he’s got his life back on track he could be a good back up QB. 

Not sure we would want the publicity he would bring. 

I firmly believe his issues stem with the people he knows here, in Texas. For him to resurrect his career, he's got to get away from the bad influences here in Texas.

Minnesota or Green Bay would be preferable - a long ways from his buddies in Houston/Dallas/Austin/College Station and boring/cold enough to keep those buddies away from him.

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I guess teams were scared to give him a big offer due to his injury history.  1 year 4 mil for a "prove it" deal isn't bad.

I would have given him a 1 year 8 million deal. 

In what world is Colvin better than Gaines. I don’t understand this. I hope it’s not another bouye sized mistake 

My hopes for rest of off-season

Free Agency

T Cameron Fleming (5 years, $30M)

WR Jordan Matthews (1 year, $5M)

QB Matt Moore (2 years, $6M)

RB Adrian Peterson (1 year, up to $2M)

Draft / Trades

1-31 CB Jaire Alexander (Louisville) trade 2019 2nd + 3-68 + 3-80 + WR Braxton Miller to NE for 1-31 + 3-95 + 2019 4th

3-95 OLB / DE Ade Aruna (Tulane)

3-98 ILB Oren Burks (Vanderbilt)

4-103 S Troy Apke (Penn State)

5-161 DE Bilal Nichols (Delaware) trade 6-177 + 6-211 to Carolina for 5-161

6-214 to NE Patriots for TE Dwayne Allen

7-222 QB Chad Kanoff (Princeton) 

RB Trenton Cannon (Virginia State) UDFA

WR Jester Weah (Pittsburgh) UDFA (PS)

TE Jordan Thomas (Mississippi State) UDFA (PS)

T Gerhard de Beer (AZ) UDFA (PS)

CB Kareem Jackson to NY Jets for conditional 2019 6th & QB Christian Hackenberg  6th becomes a 5th if KJax re-signs with Jets prior to 2019 draft

Re-sign OLB Jadeveon Clowney 6 years, $106M + ILB Benadrick McKinney 5 years, $47M

3 hours ago, jch1911 said:

My hopes for rest of off-season

Free Agency

T Cameron Fleming (5 years, $30M)

WR Jordan Matthews (1 year, $5M)

QB Matt Moore (2 years, $6M)

RB Adrian Peterson (1 year, up to $2M)

Draft / Trades

1-31 CB Jaire Alexander (Louisville) trade 2019 2nd + 3-68 + 3-80 + WR Braxton Miller to NE for 1-31 + 3-95 + 2019 4th

3-95 OLB / DE Ade Aruna (Tulane)

3-98 ILB Oren Burks (Vanderbilt)

4-103 S Troy Apke (Penn State)

5-161 DE Bilal Nichols (Delaware) trade 6-177 + 6-211 to Carolina for 5-161

6-214 to NE Patriots for TE Dwayne Allen

7-222 QB Chad Kanoff (Princeton) 

RB Trenton Cannon (Virginia State) UDFA

WR Jester Weah (Pittsburgh) UDFA (PS)

TE Jordan Thomas (Mississippi State) UDFA (PS)

T Gerhard de Beer (AZ) UDFA (PS)

CB Kareem Jackson to NY Jets for conditional 2019 6th & QB Christian Hackenberg  6th becomes a 5th if KJax re-signs with Jets prior to 2019 draft

Re-sign OLB Jadeveon Clowney 6 years, $106M + ILB Benadrick McKinney 5 years, $47M

If you can get the patriots to agree to that trade then you can be a GM anywhere you want. 

20 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Signed with Dallas. 

I saw that.  Guess that means the front office (1) has faith in our new signees; (2) believes Newton will be back this season at RT; or (3) is hoping someone like Jason Peters becomes available (and is able to bounce back from his own injury)  o.O

26 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I saw that.  Guess that means the front office (1) has faith in our new signees; (2) believes Newton will be back this season at RT; or (3) is hoping someone like Jason Peters becomes available (and is able to bounce back from his own injury)  o.O

I'm thinking a guy like Peters, Donald Penn or Bryan Bulaga will become available. Each has an injury concern, but all are better than any 2/3 rounder, or anyone on the market (including Nate Solder).

This is what really brought me back. I was thinking about this roster and I'm really trying to figure out what the Texans plan to do about LT. It's a glaring weakness that they haven't answered. What do yall think they will do?

On 3/24/2018 at 11:08 PM, Blaze said:

This is what really brought me back. I was thinking about this roster and I'm really trying to figure out what the Texans plan to do about LT. It's a glaring weakness that they haven't answered. What do yall think they will do?

My guess is that Jeff Allen starts at LT this season unless Henderson or Davenport that blow people away in the off season

On 3/24/2018 at 11:08 PM, Blaze said:

There's going to be a 2nd round of FA - guy who get cut post draft. I'm thinking there's gonna be a few vet OTs in that group we can get on the cheap (Bulaga, Penn, Peters).

I can also see us really liking Davenport and giving him a shot to start.

Archived