Texans off-season thread

ET80

22 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ugh - too many off the field red flags (and I'm not talking Anthem kneeling).

- Guy was an ardent supporter of Aaron Hernandez AFTER he was arrested on multiple murder and attempted murder charges.

- He was also a big name in the Richie Incognito hazing/bullying fiasco in Miami.

I don't think he's worth the headache, especially given the moves we made.

Agreed, but seems like being a squeaky clean guy off the field is no longer a prerequisite when looking at free agents. Henderson and Colvin had substance/PED abuse issues, and looks like they have real interest in Tyrann too who has some baggage and even blew off a meeting with the Texans before the draft. Not saying I want the guy in a Texan's uniform, but just curious to see if they'll have interest.

18 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Agreed, but seems like being a squeaky clean guy off the field is no longer a prerequisite when looking at free agents. Henderson and Colvin had substance/PED abuse issues, and looks like they have real interest in Tyrann too who has some baggage and even blew off a meeting with the Texans before the draft. Not saying I want the guy in a Texan's uniform, but just curious to see if they'll have interest.

I think the change in attitude comes from those with prior issues involving drugs - and can be justified in some capacity (Henderson had a medical condition, Colvin acknowledged his error and has been clean since, Mathieu has been clean since college).

With Pouncy, you're not talking about substance issues, but personality issues. His character is in question - which can break a locker room dynamic pretty quickly.

If the Browns are releasing a CB, you have to wonder if they're worth pursuing. This being said, McCourty was a big name for a bit.

Also - any thoughts on Dominique Rogers-Cromartie? He had a solid 2016 for the Giants, the fell into the black hole that was Ben McAdoo. Could he be a name to add?

49 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Meanwhile Tom Savage got 1.5 million dollars. His agent is the best in the buisness 

Sam Bradford's agent got him $20mm for one year from the Cardinals. Over the course of their respective careers, Bradford has made more money than Aaron Rodgers, in less time.

I'm thinking Bradford's agent has some hypnotic ability or something...

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Sam Bradford's agent got him $20mm for one year from the Cardinals. Over the course of their respective careers, Bradford has made more money than Aaron Rodgers, in less time.

I'm thinking Bradford's agent has some hypnotic ability or something...

I’d give Bradford 20 million before I give savage 1.5 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

I’d give Bradford 20 million before I give savage 1.5 

I wouldn't. Not that I like Savage, it's just that I don't understand how a brittle, unproven QB like Bradford gets starting QB money every single year.

Guy should have been out of the league at least three years ago.

54 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I wouldn't. Not that I like Savage, it's just that I don't understand how a brittle, unproven QB like Bradford gets starting QB money every single year.

Guy should have been out of the league at least three years ago.

2 years ago he threw for 3800 yards with 20 TDS and only 5 INTs. 

The year before that he had 3700 yards and 19 TDS 

he wouldn’t have missed the whole season last year if Kennum wasn’t playing so well in his absence   

He’s a really good QB when he’s not hurt, so idk why you think he should have been gone 3 years ago. 

Hes thrown over 19,000 yards and 100 TDS 

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Idk what our GM is doing. Trying to hit on a smaller named cheaper guy so he looks better???

What studs did you want? Johnson and Solder were overpaid. I like Butler but given what happened in the SB obviously not ever football guy agrees. The only one of the truly big names that I would have liked at the contract they got is Norwell.

13 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Gilchrist signs with the Raiders.

Door is wide open to justify overspending for Mathieu. Gaine and O'Brien need to "align" to see that they need to spend the money on this guy. 

Archived