Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I honestly think Breece Hall and Brian Robinson get at least 51% of the carries in the second half of the season, so either one of those guys for DHop after Week 2-4 is a good trade. You are selling high and buying low. The recipe to success. 

Breece Hall I agree, Robinson coming off of being shot and missing the first third of the season seems to be a stretch, imo.

Michael Carter doesnt really scare me all that much. The talking heads compared the Jet backfield this year, to the Denver backfield last year, and I kinda agree with them. I think there will be a point that Breece takes over per se but Carter as long as hes healthy has shown he can put up some numbers and dont think he will disappear entirely.

Good points on Robinson as well. Jalen Tyman missed all of last year after being shot, so it does take time to get to 100% healthy. I guess I just dont have that big of a problem trading away either of those 2 for Nuk Hopkins. Ive got good depth at RB. Henry, Barkley, Akers, Gibson, Carter, Mattison and Z. White.

I should be patient and wait a week or 2. Fair point as well.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In deeper leagues I'd suggest keeping Kyle Phillips on the radar. He had 6 catches (9 targets, led Titans) for 66 yards last week. Dude reminds me of Renfrow. @BayRaider

Hes my main target this week, along with C. Watson. Fading the RB pickups this week. I know its early, but im also trying to snag Jameson Williams for 1$ in a couple leagues as well.

Someone also dropped Nuk Hopkins in a different league before week 1 started, so im dropping about 30% of my faab on him.

Edited by mattyice0401

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In deeper leagues I'd suggest keeping Kyle Phillips on the radar. He had 6 catches (9 targets, led Titans) for 66 yards last week. Dude reminds me of Renfrow. @BayRaider

I drafted him a lot in June and July when he was a 20th Rounder, but none in August because he went up to the 17th. I have him on 11 teams out of 106. 

• Like 2

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Hes my main target this week, along with C. Watson. Fading the RB pickups this week. I know its early, but im also trying to snag Jameson Williams for 1$ in a couple leagues as well.

Jameson Williams has league winning potential late in the year if he's healthy. Watson is someone that I'll have on my radar as well, if he would've caught that TD pass he would've had 20 points last week. 

What do you guys think about this trade in a Standard scoring league?

Miles Sanders + Damien Harris for AJ Dillon 

I would be getting Dillon. It’s a trade im thinking about offering up. My RB depth would be…

D’Andre Swift
AJ Dillon
Breece Hall
Damion Pierce
Isiah Pacheco 

The guy with AJ right now currently has this as his RB Depth…

Derrick Henry
AJ Dillon
JD McKissic
Nyheim Hines
Ken Walker 

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Michael Carter doesnt really scare me all that much. The talking heads compared the Jet backfield this year, to the Denver backfield last year, and I kinda agree with them. I think there will be a point that Breece takes over per se but Carter as long as hes healthy has shown he can put up some numbers and dont think he will disappear entirely.

Good points on Robinson as well. Jalen Tyman missed all of last year after being shot, so it does take time to get to 100% healthy. I guess I just dont have that big of a problem trading away either of those 2 for Nuk Hopkins. Ive got good depth at RB. Henry, Barkley, Akers, Gibson, Carter, Mattison and Z. White.

I should be patient and wait a week or 2. Fair point as well.

Based on your RB depth I'd consider the trade tbh, I'd probably try to move off of Akers as well though. 

Carter will have a role for the Jets all year because of his pass catching ability. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jameson Williams has league winning potential late in the year if he's healthy. Watson is someone that I'll have on my radar as well, if he would've caught that TD pass he would've had 20 points last week. 

Yeah BayRaider made a perfect point, in that he would probably be the #1 or #1 pickup this week if he catches that. I dont have a problem burning a bench spot on Jameson Williams or Christian Watson for that league winning potential, I usually find some dudes like that every year. Kind odd since I never carry 2 TEs or QBs. Probably for that very reason.

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah BayRaider made a perfect point, in that he would probably be the #1 or #1 pickup this week if he catches that. I dont have a problem burning a bench spot on Jameson Williams or Christian Watson for that league winning potential, I usually find some dudes like that every year. Kind odd since I never carry 2 TEs or QBs. Probably for that very reason.

Yeah rostering 2 QB or TE is almost always going to be a waste. I love Jameo as an IR stash. I dropped Watson for Curtis Samuel in my main league but I'll be keeping an eye on him this year for sure, I think he'll have crazy spike weeks it's just hard to predict when those will happen.

6 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I would be getting Dillon. It’s a trade im thinking about offering up. My RB depth would be…

D’Andre Swift
AJ Dillon
Breece Hall
Damion Pierce
Isiah Pacheco 

Derrick Henry
AJ Dillon
JD McKissic
Nyheim Hines
Ken Walker 

I think that might be a little too much, and Im not a Miles Sanders believer.

Personally I would try and offer Damien Harris + Pacheco or Pierce first, but thats just me.

Other people in this forum are better at gauging trades than me, Ive always sucked at it, so maybe one of them can help a little more.

Edited by mattyice0401

5 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

D’Andre Swift
AJ Dillon
Breece Hall
Damion Pierce
Isiah Pacheco 

Derrick Henry
AJ Dillon
JD McKissic
Nyheim Hines
Ken Walker 

I mean, I would definitely offer it, but if I’m on the other side no way I take Harris and Sanders for Dillion. Henry and Dillion are super good Standard league backs. And Walker should be a good standard league RB3 when he is healthy. I say there’s a 2% chance he accepts your offer. 

5 of my Daily Fantasy Lineups finished in the Top 3% last week, and still lost more money than I won. Daily Fantasy is pretty horrible, you’re basically burning cash to try to hit a grand prize. 

I’m only gonna do one $5 lineup this week. 

I’m leaning towards:

QB R. Wilson

RB Christian McCaffrey

RB Nyheim Hines

WR Courtland Sutton

WR Brandon Aiyuk

WR Hunter Renfrow

WR Hollywood Brown

TE Logan Thomas

DEF Bengals

I think Wilson/Sutton bounce back in a huge way. I also think Raiders/Cardinals is a good offensive game and Carr will spread it out more this week, and the Cardinals nickel cb is terrible. 

Edited by BayRaider