Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thomas is a sell high but I'd probably keep him. I still like Kamara but could see his fantasy production dip this year.

I just hate playing 2 people from the same offense, especially the Saints. I dont mind a QB and WR, but a RB and WR, i dont like.

I cant really trade Kamara outright, as his value is extremely low right now. Id love to do a 2 for 1 with Kamara and say Sutton but I dont really know who to go after with that. I offered Kamara and Sutton for CMC and that was declined, was thinking maybe Dalvin Cook but that seems too low of value for what im giving up.

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

I just hate playing 2 people from the same offense, especially the Saints. I dont mind a QB and WR, but a RB and WR, i dont like.

I cant really trade Kamara outright, as his value is extremely low right now. Id love to do a 2 for 1 with Kamara and say Sutton but I dont really know who to go after with that. I offered Kamara and Sutton for CMC and that was declined, was thinking maybe Dalvin Cook but that seems too low of value for what im giving up.

What about Saquan?

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

LAC plays Thursday week 2.  Might have been a " load management " decision.

I think Ekeler regressed in TD total from last year.  How much other players siphon snaps and touches is certainly worth watching

There's a chance. I think the team signing Sony Michel late in training camp could be an indicator that they want to limit his workload this year though.

I sent out Michael Thomas for Javonte Williams. I think Im getting a little less return back, but I would take it because I have good WR depth in D. Adams, Sutton, R. Anderson, Cooper, Gallup, Hopkins and also including Thomas. And it would remove the Thomas and Kamara conundrum.

Edited by mattyice0401

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

when you are offering a 2 for 1, it is probably better to make it a 2 for 2 and add in their worst positional player even if you don't want them and would cut them for a better waiver player add.

You offering Kamara + Sutton and them sending CMC means they also have to cut another player

if they view the trade as a 

Kamara to CMC as a slight down grade with a bigger upgrade from  player ???? to Sutton, it becomes more acceptable 

just a process that I have found to be more successful in re-draft league trading

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just offered Aaron Jones and Courtland Sutton for him in my super flex league as well, lol.

Lets hope one of us lands him.

Say I think in years past weve had a separate thread for trade advice help and such, you think we should do that as well to help kind clear up some of the clutter? Helps keep things a little more organized?

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Lets hope one of us lands him.

Say I think in years past weve had a separate thread for trade advice help and such, you think we should do that as well to help kind clear up some of the clutter? Helps keep things a little more organized?

Yes, do you want to start it?

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

I have both Alvin Kamara and Michael Thomas in one league, and i really need to unload one of them.

Why? They have historically shown they both can work in the Saints offense at a high level for fantasy purposes. Both were good values going into the season. You likely won’t see a good return in a trade on them yet either until they put up a few good weeks.

If you feel the need to trade one, I’d wait a couple weeks. Thomas seems like he’s well on his way to his pre-injury level of play. Could probably get a much better value for him if he plays well the next couple games.

Edited by tyler735

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Why? They have historically shown they both can work in the Saints offense at a high level for fantasy purposes. Both were good values going into the season. You likely won’t see a good return in a trade on them yet either until they put up a few good weeks.

I was low on Kamara anyways and I think his production is way down due to less check downs.  He isnt going to be an 80 catch guy anymore and thats where a lot of his value came from. Jameis keeps his eyes downfield more and with the WRs trio, Kamara wont be the focal point. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I was low on Kamara anyways and I think his production is way down due to less check downs.  He isnt going to be an 80 catch guy anymore and thats where a lot of his value came from. Jameis keeps his eyes downfield more and with the WRs trio, Kamara wont be the focal point. 

As a Saints fan, I disagree with this assessment. Our pass game should certainly be much better than last season (a very low bar) with our new and healthy weapons this year. That said, Kamara is very likely going to be the focal point of our offense. I think you are going to see some very inconsistent performances from guys like Landry and Olave throughout the season. They will both have some nice fantasy weeks from time to time, but week 1 worked out in a strange way for the Saints chasing the game in the 4th quarter down 16 points. 

We still have Charmichael as our offensive coordinator who has been around forever now, so we have a good idea of what the team is looking to do. I don’t think the team is looking for Jamies to “air it out” each week. This is a team that is expected to have a top tier defense again this season, and I think they will rely on that with a more conservative offensive game plan most weeks (limiting some of Winston’s bad tendencies to force things). Unfortunately said defense took way too long to show up last week. Kamara also getting the rib injury didn’t help matters. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get well over 50 catches still with a ton of carries this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

As a Saints fan, I disagree with this assessment. Our pass game should certainly be much better than last season (a very low bar) with our new and healthy weapons this year. That said, Kamara is very likely going to be the focal point of our offense. I think you are going to see some very inconsistent performances from guys like Landry and Olave throughout the season. They will both have some nice fantasy weeks from time to time, but week 1 worked out in a strange way for the Saints chasing the game in the 4th quarter down 16 points. 

We still have Charmichael as our offensive coordinator who has been around forever now, so we have a good idea of what the team is looking to do. I don’t think the team is looking for Jamies to “air it out” each week. This is a team that is expected to have a top tier defense again this season, and I think they will rely on that with a more conservative offensive game plan most weeks (limiting some of Winston’s bad tendencies to force things). Unfortunately said defense took way too long to show up last week. Kamara also getting the rib injury didn’t help matters. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get well over 50 catches still with a ton of carries this season.

Same coaches but different players usually means the offense is different.  Thomas is back, Olave and Landry are both new and Jameis isn't Brees.  Jameis has targeted RBs on 16% of his passes in his career and 47% to outside WRs.  Brees was at 27% to RBs since 2009.  The offense reduced RB targets under Taysom Hill and Teddy Bridgewater, so it may be fair to say, the RB check downs were a product of Brees style and comfort.  Jameis doesn't share that desire, and although they may want him to, he will not change who he is regularly.  Kamara had 67 targets last year, a career low (only played 13 games but had 97 in 14 games two years before)which turned into 47 receptions.  His target share will have to go up significantly scheme wise, with a QB who does not check it down historically, for him to hit 80 catches again.  Especially when the WR options have improved so much.   Not to mention injuries. I just dont see it with Kamara, especially since he has never had over 1,000 yards rushing and was TD dependent rushing the ball for value. 

• Like 1