Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Fantasy players chase new and shiny, Wentz is neither, drafting a quarterback because you’re happy with a 10-12 QB isn’t what most drafters are shooting for

Depends how deep your league is and what style of fantasy. In Bestball you need two good QB’s and the names that were being drafted above Wentz are astonishing. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Hunt >> Samuel > Henderson 

Woods

Hunt > Woods for me

I think Woods will have a good week this week. Samuel isn’t going to put up those type of weeks too often. He is a spike-week player. He’ll have huge games like last week, and a lot of nothing type games. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Depends how deep your league is and what style of fantasy. In Bestball you need two good QB’s and the names that were being drafted above Wentz are astonishing. 

While true.  I'd venture that less than 10ish% of posters in this sub are doing best ball in the way you are.  

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hunt > Woods for me

I think Woods will have a good week this week. Samuel isn’t going to put up those type of weeks too often. He is a spike-week player. He’ll have huge games like last week, and a lot of nothing type games. 

I'm going to need to see it from Woods before I'm using him with those other options.   Week 1 getting 2 targets is rough.  

Agree Samuel won't repeat week 1 often, but the targets were there 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I'm going to need to see it from Woods before I'm using him with those other options.   Week 1 getting 2 targets is rough.  

Woods is the WR1 in Tennessee. Kyle Philips is a great story, and I own a lot of him, but he’s a rookie slot WR at the end of the day. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Woods is the WR1 in Tennessee. Kyle Philips is a great story, and I own a lot of him, but he’s a rookie slot WR at the end of the day. 

#1 as listed on depth chart sure.  Yet T5 in targets behind Phillips,  Burks, Hilliard, Swaim in game 1.  Small sample, but until I see it, I'm starting others if better options exist.

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hunt > Woods for me

I'm worried about Woods lack of usage in the slot

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

And it wasn't like he just got open due to a favorable matchup. Washington made a concerted effort to get him the ball over and over again. His ADOT on his 11 targets was only 1.0, all of his touches were manufactured on handoffs, screens, and short passes. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

#1 as listed on depth chart sure.  Yet T5 in targets behind Phillips,  Burks, Hilliard, Swaim in game 1.  Small sample, but until I see it, I'm starting others if better options exist.

Doesn't matter anyways, Hunt is the definitely the best option of those he listed. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

And it wasn't like he just got open due to a favorable matchup. Washington made a concerted effort to get him the ball over and over again. His ADOT on his 11 targets was only 1.0, all of his touches were manufactured on handoffs, screens, and short passes. 

That likely won't always be the gameplan though. This week's gameplan I bet is McLaurin and Gibson.

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That likely won't always be the gameplan though. This week's gameplan I bet is McLaurin and Gibson.

It won't always be the game plan but I'm sure they'll continue to scheme him the ball in space. It's not like Samuel came out of nowhere, he was WR25 a couple years ago which led to him getting that huge contract. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

It won't always be the game plan but I'm sure they'll continue to scheme him the ball in space. It's not like Samuel came out of nowhere, he was WR25 a couple years ago which led to him getting that huge contract. 

I agree, but 20 point games are still rare for someone like him. He could very well get you 12-14 points this week. But I think is basically guaranteed 12 points at a minimum. Hunts floor is 12. Samuels ceiling this week is 15. All just my opinion. I would start Hunt.