Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

9 minutes ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Someone dropped Elijah Mitchell in my league after he got hurt last week and I wanna pick him up and stash him on my IR. How much FAAB would you guy spend on him if he were available in your leagues?

I’m aggressive with my FAAB usually so I might not be the best person to ask, because I’d be willing to drop it all on Mitchell. Depending on my roster. 

8 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Don't ask me how, other than to be thankful for that one guy in every league that just does "Huh?!" type kneejerk moves, but after having to wait and sweat out my having the #2 waiver priority, I managed to claim JK Dobbins off of waivers (after he was dropped for Zack Moss) in my Big Money league.  I now can sit back and hope for a RB injury (as long as it's not on my team), because I've got 5 RB's in a 6pt-across-the-board TD league that allows me to start 3 in a given week.

Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon, JK Dobbins, Josh Jacobs, and Cordarelle Patterson.

I'm tending to fade Cordarelle towards the later 1/3 of the season, so he's likely the one I'll attempt to movie if I shop a RB (but I'm fine with trading Jacobs as well).

Gonna have to wait and see how things shake out.

I thought my RB’s were stacked in my big league but you’re loaded, don’t ask me about my WR’s though! 😬

I agree with Cordarelle or Jacob’s though.

2 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I thought my RB’s were stacked in my big league but you’re loaded, don’t ask me about my WR’s though! 😬

I agree with Cordarelle or Jacob’s though.

My WR's currently are Mike Williams, Sutton (with the Russ stack), Hollywood, and Woods (who is waiver fodder right now, I'm just waiting out the pickup because I'm having trouble foreseeing when I might be starting a WR that isn't one the three aforementioned - which clearly changes if Herbert hits IR, but I get the feeling he'll wear the flack vest and tough it out initially... and the schedule isn't harsh.  But it will likely be some addition of DJ Chark, Jahan Dotson, or Drake London (who I'm debating picking up now just because of the targets, even though he's likely to sit most weeks) in place of Woods.

Honestly, I'm not above doing a package deal of Cordarelle/Jacobs and possibly Hollywood (possibly Williams if I can secure a WR1 like Jefferson - not likely, barring injury scenarios - or Mike Evans) to upgrade my regular WR trio past what I currently have, particularly closer to when Nuk is set to come off his suspension.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You are super stacked at RB… two RB1’s, three RB2’s. 

Is this a 12 Teamer? And what do your WR’s look like? I’d probably sell Patterson high for a Top Tier WR3. 

It is.

See the post above for my WR's.  I'm currently sitting on M-Will, Sutton, and Hollywood with a likely FA grab after this week (which would otherwise be Drake London, dropping Robert Woods, right now).

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I’m aggressive with my FAAB usually so I might not be the best person to ask, because I’d be willing to drop it all on Mitchell. Depending on my roster. 

I just have a hard time trusting Shanny without multiple seasons of investing reps in the guy.  I think he's kind of simiar to his dad in that he knows that the system is going to make guys effective (not necessarily great, but productive) regardless, so I don't feel like he feels tied in any way to Mitchell on a rookie deal.  TDP or the other (ironically, same round as Mitchell...) rookie RB will likely be given some reps in his absence (and it's not like the Jeff has been the picture of health in his time in SF) and if either flashes, I can see Kyle continuing to run with either even when Mitchell is healthy because the big investment (and he knows it) that he needs to make sure succeeds if Trey - and he won't sacrifice or risk that if it's working for anyone (shy of maybe Deebo) on offense.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Drake London I understand… but Zay Jones? Nobody should be starting Zay Jones in fantasy, even if he is the Jags WR2

I mean, we're discussing Jaguars vs Jets, my dude. Not really solid either way. It's a WR3 injury fill-in due to Gabe Davis spraining his ankle.