The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Neither defense in the SB was good. Eagles had good pressure throughout the year but they were a break or bend style. Chiefs were an average defense. 

The only Elite defense in the entire NFL last year was the 49ers IMO. And even they weren’t oh my god great. 

Having a great superstar QB, electric scheme, and HC has surpassed defense. Once we get that superstar QB, then yes, defense is important. What’s the point of building defense if you never find that superstar QB though? Finding that QB should be priority #1. 

Agreed. I can’t remember a team with a dominant defense and and average offense making it to the super bowl. It’s required to have excessive offensive fire power to get to the top of the league 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can't wait to buy a Richardson jersey and hang it next to my Rolando McClain, Jamarcus Russell and Amari Cooper ones!

Burn those things… 

Hopefully Richardson hangs next to my Tim Brown and Kenny Stabler’s. 

Richardson would be the first ever rookie jersey I ever buy. I remember Russell I wanted to wait a couple years to see if he busts. Richardson seems like a good kid though and the NFL is so different compared to 2007, it’s hard to bust with his skillset. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. I can’t remember a team with a dominant defense and and average offense making it to the super bowl. It’s required to have excessive offensive fire power to get to the top of the league 

2015 Broncos. But the rules and game have changed mightily since then. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

We've been working on our defense got 20 years though...

We haven't done it the right way, I actually like the approach. You draft a #1 CB the secondary would be set. Add some DL and LB and it could at least be better than last year with home grown talent. The depth at the positions we need most you have to take advantage of it this year

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Arizona won’t trade it to Seattle. But Richardson won’t get past #4. If he did get past the Colts, he’s certainly not getting past Seattle. 

I also think a trade happens before the draft. I hope it’s us. I want Richardson. He has such superstar potential. I think before the draft either the Raiders or Titans trade up. Lions maybe.. if they want to groom Richardson 2 years behind Goff. Somebody is trading up. 

Richardson is going #3 just a matter of if it’s the Raiders, Titans, Colts, or Seahawks, IMO.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He still might be alright. Most of his issues seemed to be mental lapses and it didn’t help that we drafted a LT to play RT then moved him to RG. The new reform preferred to role with bums like Alex Bars over giving him a chance 

Leatherwood was a projected second rounder for a reason and one of those reasons is he’s mentally slow… it’s like his mind starts a few nano seconds after the snap. One of the reasons he gets beat off the edge like candy. Leatherwood had no business going in the first. I think he was like my 50th ranked player that year. 

Mental stuff like that doesn’t change. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Neither defense in the SB was good. Eagles had good pressure throughout the year but they were a break or bend style. Chiefs were an average defense. 

The only Elite defense in the entire NFL last year was the 49ers IMO. And even they weren’t oh my god great. 

Having a great superstar QB, electric scheme, and HC has surpassed defense. Once we get that superstar QB, then yes, defense is important. What’s the point of building defense if you never find that superstar QB though? Finding that QB should be priority #1. 

Idk people claim the D let the former guy down, so now we don't want D?

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Regardless if he's a Raider or not I can't wait to play with AR15 in Madden. Dude's going to be the cheat code at QB. We're probably talking 97+ throw power and 93+ speed. That's f'd.

EA will jip him.. like 95 THP and 90 spd. Even though he should have 97-98 THP and 93-94 spd. 

I would have to buy Madden for the first time since 21 if we get Richardson. We would also be the most used team in the game lol. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Richardson is going #3 just a matter of if it’s the Raiders, Titans, Colts, or Seahawks, IMO.

Agreed. Richardson is going #3. The question is, who?