Eagles 2022 Personnel Moves - Former Colts OC brought in as consultant

Kiltman

On 4/7/2022 at 12:57 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:
On 4/7/2022 at 10:43 AM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well I think it is pretty clear that the league views our FO MUCH differently than the way fans do. Everyone is stealing our guys.

Eagles hire SMART people in their front office. All you hear about is Howie, but we've been one of the teams pushing analytics and staying ahead of the curve. We usually hire front office people from other good front offices. Andrew Berry was only brought on for a year before the Browns came calling for him back. Problem is we've lost a lot of these people recently and need to replenish now.

Eagles literally spearheaded a rule change to block teams from hiring away personnel guys for assistant GM jobs cause we just got robbed this year lol. I think Howie and them were pushing for it at the combine even before owners meetings.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:08 AM, Danger said:

Only if they're not white men.

Don't get me started on how I feel about this policy.

We might get some picks for possibly the 2nd female GM (I think the only female GM was Eagles Susan Tose) ever if Catherine Raîche gets a job in the next year or two. She was interviewed this process, but didn't get it just like Brandon Brown who took the assistant GM job with the Giants.

Are you serious????? 

91a87e56-0ad0-4af1-b394-9d6259fa0191_tex

Teams get two 3rd round picks for minority candidates getting hired to HC/GM roles.

We had 3 top minority (race and gender) candidates hired away from us this off-season and since they were all hired to basically assistant GM type roles we'll get nothing for any of them. That really sucks. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for all of them moving up the ranks and probably at least 1 or 2 of them will soon probably get hired to that GM role. It just sucks for us. Watch like 2 of them get hired in 2024 to GM roles and the teams that took them from us get the compensatory picks instead lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Eagles went from 3 possible GM candidates that could net us two 3rd rounders to now possibly 0. I'm not sure if there is anyone else that would garner attention for a top spot like that now.

Not to mention its possible we could lose Andy Weidl who is at the top of the food chain in the scouting department as the Vice President of Player personnel and the top guy under Roseman too which is why he was the one up there during the pressers after the draft with Howie and Nick.

We've already suffered enough huge losses.... 

Gotta pray the Steelers go in another direction.... esp going into a critical draft next year where we'll have 2 first round picks and if we don't spend both of them, then we are looking at drafting the QBOTF.

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Are you serious????? 

91a87e56-0ad0-4af1-b394-9d6259fa0191_tex

Teams get two 3rd round picks for minority candidates getting hired to HC/GM roles.

We had 3 top minority (race and gender) candidates hired away from us this off-season and since they were all hired to basically assistant GM type roles we'll get nothing for any of them. That really sucks. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for all of them moving up the ranks and probably at least 1 or 2 of them will soon probably get hired to that GM role. It just sucks for us. Watch like 2 of them get hired in 2024 to GM roles and the teams that took them from us get the compensatory picks instead lol.

Saw that, good for her. But yeah it sucks

Was wondering if Howie would just promote her to stay, but that reads more like it’s a done deal.

Thats a big bleed of talent. Wish the Steelers had made their decision with Andy, I get they have to wait til after the draft but similar to the Frank leaving after Defilippo.

Howie will just have to go on the hunt to pick off some people himself.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep. Gotta restock. I trust Howie to hire smart people though. Just wish we could’ve got some picks for grooming some of these people.

I’m sure if they complain enough they’ll add in a later comp pick or something for lower level employees 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I’m sure if they complain enough they’ll add in a later comp pick or something for lower level employees 

Yeah that would make sense like maybe a couple 5th round compensatory picks  for assistant GM roles or something.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah that would make sense like maybe a couple 5th round compensatory picks  for assistant GM roles or something.

well i mean a ton of our guys were stolen this off season.

Not really fair that others teams can't mentor good front office people

Just now, ninjapirate said:

well i mean a ton of our guys were stolen this off season.

Not really fair that others teams can't mentor good front office people

That’s where this whole convo is stemming from. There are some other front offices who groom guys like we do. Some examples are Andy Weidl and Joe Douglas who spent a lot of their early years with the Ravens.