Who gets fired first

mtmmike

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My biggest concern is that guys like DePodesta, Berry and Stefanski are more patient than Haslam.

Most 2 year olds are more patient than Haslam. I wish Stefanski & Berry would be a little more impatient with some of the underperformers on this staff and team.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He definitely seems like a fish out of water, and that’s why I at least want to see him play with somebody else moving the chessboard around other than Joe Woods.

Heck, I'd be happy just to have a defensive coordinator who plays chess rather than checkers

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Most 2 year olds are more patient than Haslam. I wish Stefanski & Berry would be a little more impatient with some of the underperformers on this staff and team.

I do too but then I wonder if I’ve just been conditioned to be impatient by this franchise.

Like, are more stable franchises typically this patient?  I don’t follow anyone else closely enough to know. 

I do feel like teams like the Steelers and Ravens have long drafted dudes and had them buried on the bench for a couple seasons only to have them flourish when they actually play. Maybe that’s what happens here?

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I do feel like teams like the Steelers and Ravens have long drafted dudes and had them buried on the bench for a couple seasons only to have them flourish when they actually play. Maybe that’s what happens here?

A double edged sword we probably can't know the answer to now, since those teams you mentioned typically have excellent coaching staffs and coordinators to develop said draft picks, and Stefanski's staff is proving to be weak af at critical spots (at least on D and ST). Where we have strong coaches (like Callahan) we have usable data.

• Like 3

Are you saying a defense with like 8 former top 50 picks doesn’t have enough talent to expect them to be reasonably competitive?

A high priced free agent, 2 1st round CB, a 2nd round FS, 2 #1 overall pick DE, and a 2nd round Apex player in JOK.

Yeah...talent and investment in that talent isn't the issue.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

A high priced free agent, 2 1st round CB, a 2nd round FS, 2 #1 overall pick DE, and a 2nd round Apex player in JOK.

Yeah...talent and investment in that talent isn't the issue.

Don’t forget the other #1 overall DE, the top 100 pick at DT, 2 top 100 picks at LB (other than JOK) and the second and third round corners.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The only leg that Woods would have to stand on is if he wanted to upgrade DTs and they settled for Bryant and what we have in our DT room in order to save money.

I mean, Elliot is a 3rd rounder, Winfrey and Togiai were 4ths.  Bryan was a former 1st rounder.

All of these dudes have been brought in while Woods was the DC so I’d have to assume he signed off on them as being guys he liked and thought fit his system.

There are teams getting far more out of less I’m guessing, and those teams don’t have two #1 pick DE’s making life easy on the DTs.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t forget the other #1 overall DE, the top 100 pick at DT, 2 top 100 picks at LB (other than JOK) and the second and third round corners.

I said 2 #1 DE...is there a 3rd?

Oh yeah and how could I forget Greedy????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And Emerson 

As much as I hated that pick and really dogged it, he's looked good. He's exclusively an outside guy, but he's doing a pretty solid job overall. I'd still like to do a "cost/benefit" analysis of Travis Jones, Nakobe Dean, or George Pickens instead per the value as guys I wanted then (in the 2nd pre-trade back), but you can't argue with a dude who has been productive.

• Like 2

Are you saying a defense with like 8 former top 50 picks doesn’t have enough talent to expect them to be reasonably competitive?

No stefanski should be extended for taking a 12 win team to 5 wins.

He is a genius.