NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Just now, JMG5 said:

They definitely paid a premium. Under no circumstance would I describe the AD trade as a heist. Just saying that it was worth it for them since they won the title, so in the end the compensation they gave up doesn't actually matter.

I agree it worked out well for both sides, it wasn't close to a heist or similar to Westbrook for Buddy/Kyrie.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The trade worked out well for both sides but there's a realistic chance the Pelicans get 4 top 10 picks and Ingram one of the best young players in the league going forward for AD, but I guess it was a heist. 

Gasol trade wasn't really a heist either. Memphis got Marc Gasol out of it. Both trades paid off for the Lakers but they were far from "heists."

You wanna know what a heist is? Getting Norman Powell and OG Anunoby for Greivis ******* Vasquez.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Gasol trade wasn't really a heist either. Memphis got Marc Gasol out of it. Both trades paid off for the Lakers but they were far from "heists."

You wanna know what a heist is? Getting Norman Powell and OG Anunoby for Greivis ******* Vasquez.

Brian Windhorst almost had a full blown meltdown when we traded Royce/Rudy because he knows it slows down a potential KD deal and hurts LeGM's ability to aid Kyrie forcing his way to the Lakers. Lakers fans legit think they're getting multiple players that are good starters including Kyrie while dumping Russ...

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Brian Windhorst almost had a full blown meltdown when we traded Royce/Rudy because he knows it slows down a potential KD deal and hurts LeGM's ability to aid Kyrie forcing his way to the Lakers. Lakers fans legit think they're getting multiple players that are good starters including Kyrie while dumping Russ...

It's all for naught tbqh. Bucks are taking it down again.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I honestly think the Nets won't do Kyrie any favors. They'll just let him sit if they can't get good compensation for him.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

If the Nets give the Lakers there only life line they have then the Nets should be shot to the moon. Lakers can’t give you anything worth a damn. This would be an all time bad trade. 

The only value I see for the Nets is that they get Harris off the books and get some future picks. A Westbrook/Simmons duo also probably guarantees you a solid draft pick.