NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

But why would the nets GM want to do that? 5 years is a long time. He could be out of there in 2 years. 

I mean he wouldn't necessarily want to, but if no one else is offering 1st rounders or a decent young player then his only other option is to keep him, which I guess isn't the worst thing.  But if this trade would also get you out of Harris' deal then I think it's worth it.

The Lakers can't let Joe Harris vs. Seth Curry be a deal breaker.  That would be an all-time blunder.  Take Harris and try to add slightly more protections to the pick(s) you send.

I would hate for the Nets to give Kyrie what he want which is trading him to the Lakers BUT if the Nets can get what they want which is FRP's, get out of Harris deal, and possibly get back THT then Im ok with it.

Look at the end of the day I strongly believe Kyrie to the Lakers isnt going to get them to a championship. The media and Lakers fans will be throwing a parade everyday up until the Lakers are officially eliminated from championship contention then its on to the next season of throwing a parade everyday for it once again never to happen. Why? Kyrie doesnt solve AD health issues. AD is still going to get hurt bc thats what he does. I hate to say that about a player but there are players who are just quite frankly made of glass and cant stay healthy. AD is one of them. LeBron in his advanced age is getting hurt and causing him to miss long periods of games. The reason the Lakers got Russ is bc they thought he could hold the fort down and the Lakers can still play well enough to win if/when LeBron and/or AD misses games. You think Kyrie is going to do what Russ couldnt? We know the history when it comes to Kyrie playing and it being correlated to team success. Its not good.

I havent even touched on how I think Kyrie is going to go to the Lakers and cause issues behind the scenes just like he did with Brooklyn, Boston, and even Cleveland. Yes Kyrie went to LeBron and "apologized" for how things ended in Cleveland. But you have a guy in Kyrie who literally think he can run the show. The show as meaning the organization. We all know the Lakers organization isnt really all that button up to begin with currently. He will be on his best behavior is upcoming season so the Lakers can give him a long term deal on his terms. Then thats when chaos is going to happen especially if LeBron retires shortly after. Then its Kyrie and AD Lakers team. So yeah I dont think the Lakers will win a championship with Kyrie and the Lakers at best will get Kyrie on good behavior for one year then thats it.

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LeBron trying to stack the deck once again, what a shocker!! 

Warriors in 6!

If KD goes to the Suns then I think its Suns in 5 lol. I mean Suns over Warriors in 5. The way the West is shaping up even with Kyrie the Lakers wont make it to the WCF. Suns if they get KD, Warriors, Grizzles, a healthy Zion Id say the Pels you can make a case better than the Lakers, and sneaky Wolves team since they got a taste of the playoffs and added Gobert. They could be this upcoming season Grizzles who made a deep run after having a taste of the playoffs the previous season.

Now its not to knock the Lakers but they are like the Cowboys in a sense that any move they make its blown way out of the water. LeBron is now getting hurt and misses long stretches of games. AD is still constantly getting hurt and misses long stretches of games. Now that Kyrie HAVE to play we know his injury history. Its ok if he plays 28 games his body is fresh. He will be required to play at least 70 if not more. Lets see how he holds up. And I havent even touched his mental state where he could just randomly take off games for what ever his reason might be. So yeah if KD goes to the Suns its Suns v Warriors in the WCF.

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If KD goes to the Suns then I think its Suns in 5 lol. I mean Suns over Warriors in 5. The way the West is shaping up even with Kyrie the Lakers wont make it to the WCF. Suns if they get KD, Warriors, Grizzles, a healthy Zion Id say the Pels you can make a case better than the Lakers, and sneaky Wolves team since they got a taste of the playoffs and added Gobert. They could be this upcoming season Grizzles who made a deep run after having a taste of the playoffs the previous season.

Now its not to knock the Lakers but they are like the Cowboys in a sense that any move they make its blown way out of the water. LeBron is now getting hurt and misses long stretches of games. AD is still constantly getting hurt and misses long stretches of games. Now that Kyrie HAVE to play we know his injury history. Its ok if he plays 28 games his body is fresh. He will be required to play at least 70 if not more. Lets see how he holds up. And I havent even touched his mental state where he could just randomly take off games for what ever his reason might be. So yeah if KD goes to the Suns its Suns v Warriors in the WCF.

I'm going to ignore the disrespect in you saying the Warriors lose in 5.

But the West will be a bloodbath with the Clippers, Warriors, Suns and Lakers being legitimate contenders. Then the Nuggets will be tough with Murray/MPJ returning, the Grizzlies aren't going anywhere and let's see what the Mavs do. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I would hate for the Nets to give Kyrie what he want which is trading him to the Lakers BUT if the Nets can get what they want which is FRP's, get out of Harris deal, and possibly get back THT then Im ok with it.

I feel like this trade is fair. Saves Brooklyn a whole bunch of money and they get some lottery tickets.

Brooklyn receives: Russell Westbrook, 2027 Lakers 1st round pick (top 6 protected), 2029 Lakers 1st round pick (top 8 protected)

*Both picks with descending protections until the convey 

LA Lakers receive: Kyrie Irving, Joe Harris 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm going to ignore the disrespect in you saying the Warriors lose in 5.

But the West will be a bloodbath with the Clippers, Warriors, Suns and Lakers being legitimate contenders. Then the Nuggets will be tough with Murray/MPJ returning, the Grizzlies aren't going anywhere and let's see what the Mavs do. 

Yeah you are right. I got to show the champs more respect lol. I was just thinking KD, Booker, CP3 like thats scary. The only thing that could derail that is if CP3 literally look his age bc he sure did as soon as his birthday came in the playoffs he sucked the rest of the way. So if CP3 plays like that in the playoffs then the Suns arent beating the Warriors.

But yeah the West is definitely going to be a bloodbath for sure.

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I feel like this trade is fair. Saves Brooklyn a whole bunch of money and they get some lottery tickets.

Brooklyn receives: Russell Westbrook, 2027 Lakers 1st round pick (top 6 protected), 2029 Lakers 1st round pick (top 8 protected)

Definitely seems fair.

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah you are right. I got to show the champs more respect lol. I was just thinking KD, Booker, CP3 like thats scary. The only thing that could derail that is if CP3 literally look his age bc he sure did as soon as his birthday came in the playoffs he sucked the rest of the way. So if CP3 plays like that in the playoffs then the Suns arent beating the Warriors.

But yeah the West is definitely going to be a bloodbath for sure.

The Suns are obviously going to be a big problem but let's see who they lose and how CP3 will hold up in the postseason.

Clippers are stupid deep with two high level players. Even if KD goes to Phoenix and Kyrie goes to the Lakers, the Clippers very well may end up being the team to beat. 

Warriors can be beat, but they won't go down easily against anyone. They have never gone out in 5 games with their core 3 and they have a lot of young talent that could take a leap to make them even more dangerous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

The Lakers can't let Joe Harris vs. Seth Curry be a deal breaker.  That would be an all-time blunder.  Take Harris and try to add slightly more protections to the pick(s) you send.

They won't.  It's a negotiating ploy.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

There just isn't a trade market for Kyrie Irving.  He's toxic to like 98% of the franchises.  Shams said that the Sixers and Mavs were interested, and multiple reporters have dropped cold water on those.  It's the Lakers as the only team with real motivation.

49 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Lakers would have to throw in Stanley Johnson/Wenyen Gabriel and Kendrick Nunn for salary matching purposes and I could see the Nets preferring them over THT if they just want to save money, since both are expirings and THT has another year at over $10m.

Edited by beekay414

50 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Change that second FRP to a pick swap, and that's probably the deal.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lakers would have to throw in Stanley Johnson/Wenyen Gabriel and Kendrick Nunn for salary matching purposes and I could see the Nets preferring them over THT if they just want to save money, since both are expirings and THT has another year at over $10m.

Assuming my math is correct, Westbrook for Irving/Harris works financially.  It adds an additional $8.5M in salary and subsequent luxury tax.