NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

The CBA negotiations is going to be wild next time around. Owners got to be sick of this nonsense. 

Owner's don't care lol. They're going to get their cut no matter what they do. That and what can they do? Forcing someone to work/play for you is...uh...yeah.

45 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Come back to the real world, my guy. You've been missing from it for a while.

What it comes down to is teams are going to have to trade players worth it to get KD. The Wolves said they arent willing to trade KAT or Edwards for KD. If Im the Nets Im saying "you must not be serious about winning a title". KD changes the landscape now. KAT and Edwards dont. I can promise you that the Wolves will have a better chance to win a title with KD within these next 4yrs if they parted ways with either KAT or Edwards than they would the entire time KAT and Edwards are on the roster.

I think you are living in a fantasy world if you think the Nets are going to take scraps from another team so that team can keep all of their main guys intact with KD meanwhile the Nets are stuck with next to nothing and losing out on the most valuable trade asset to come available in NBA history.

Edited by stl4life07

Considering what Rudy did to the market, there's really nothing that the Bucks would take for Giannis.

Warriors could offer Wiggins, Wiseman, Poole, Kuminga, Moody, Baldwin and like 3 1sts and I'd still say no.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

What it comes down to is teams are going to have to trade players worth it to get KD. The Wolves said they arent willing to trade KAT or Edwards for KD. If Im the Nets Im saying "you must not be serious about winning a title". KD changes the landscape now. KAT and Edwards dont. I can promise you that the Wolves will have a better chance to win a title with KD within these next 4yrs if they parted ways with either KAT or Edwards than they would the entire time KAT and Edwards are on the roster.

I think you are living in a fantasy world if you think the Nets are going to take scraps from another team so that team can keep all of their main guys intact with KD meanwhile the Nets are stuck with next to nothing and losing out on the most valuable trade asset available.

Trust me, I'm not the one living in the fantasy world here. There's absolutely zero chance you'd ever pull Towns or Edwards for KD lol. He's 34 years old. Your return is going to be based around draft picks and that's really that. 

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Trust me, I'm not the one living in the fantasy world here. There's absolutely zero chance you'd ever pull Towns or Edwards for KD lol. He's 34 years old. Your return is going to be based around draft picks and that's really that. 

You keep throwing up the 34yrs old like KD has broken down. Dude is still playing like an MVP and one of the best players in the league. By himself he literally came within a toenail from beating the Bucks in a 7 game series two seasons ago. This season with all the chaos surrounding the Nets he had them in 1st place in the East before he got hurt and missed 21 straight games.

The league know just how valuable KD is. You and there are plenty of other fans who try to devalue him and not just him but other players who it comes to trades and contract signings. The league know that KD is a landscape changer and a big one. His age right now has nothing to do with his value. Now talk to me in 4yrs when he is 38yrs old and then it would be a different story. Right now though the league knows KD can go to a team right now win league MVP, carry the team to the Finals and win the Finals and Finals MVP.

And again Im not specifically targeting you. Its all love dude and debating. But its fans in general. Im a Rams fan and you know how many fans hated the Rams giving up a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Von Miller? He wasnt doing anything for the Broncos, he was dealing with a significant ankle injury and he was 32. I was one of few who loved the trade bc I said Von is a difference maker. He will be in the playoffs and it will help the Rams potentially win a Superbowl. Who cares about that 2nd and 3rd round pick prospects. Winning one Superbowl with Von means more than hoping a 2nd and 3rd round prospect is going to be great for the team bc who knows if they are going to help the Rams get to another Superbowl?

So I made my point clear. The Wolves would have a better chance to win a title with KD within the next 4yrs than they would with KAT and Edwards their entire time on the roster. I certainly wouldnt trade away both but its not insane to trade away one for KD IF the Wolves are serious about winning a title any time soon. Bc riddle me this, when was the last time the Wolves won a title? Exactly.

Edited by stl4life07

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Bc riddle me this, when was the last time the Wolves won a title? Exactly.

Riddle me this...when was the last time the Nets won the title? Exactly.

You can keep writing nonsensical paragraphs saying the same exact thing and it's not going to change a god damn thing. You're not going to get what you think you are for KD. That's always been the argument.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Riddle me this...when was the last time the Nets won the title? Exactly.

You can keep writing nonsensical paragraphs saying the same exact thing and it's not going to change a god damn thing. You're not going to get what you think you are for KD. That's always been the argument.

And if the Nets was on the other side of the trade and had the opportunity to get KD I would hope they would actually be serious and be aggressive to get KD.

Ive been on the record of saying I know the Nets arent going to get equal value for KD but they certainly not going to get other teams scraps. If the convo starts off like this "we would love to trade for KD but you cant get our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best player" then the Nets need to just hang up and say "dont call back until you are serious".

Just now, stl4life07 said:

And if the Nets was on the other side of the trade and had the opportunity to get KD I would hope they would actually be serious and be aggressive to get KD.

Ive been on the record of saying I know the Nets arent going to get equal value for KD but they certainly not going to get other teams scraps. If the convo starts off like this "we would love to trade for KD but you cant get our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best player" then the Nets need to just hang up and say "dont call back until you are serious".

You're not going to get scraps but you're also not going to get a game changing return. You've got like 3, maybe 4, teams that are in the window to bring KD in. So this isn't a league wide thing. It's a "best package from these teams" scenario and it's most likely going to be predicated based on draft pick compensation. That's just the reality of the scope of the league right now.

LIS, Siakam/Barnes and OG is probably where you should set your sights highest because it's not likely to get better than that.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, Siakam/Barnes and OG is probably the best return you could ask for right now.

Well according to reports, KD agent said KD wont go to the Raptors unless he can play with Siakam/Barnes. From what I also heard, the Nets have no interest in Barnes.

We all knew this trade was going to be difficult to get done so honestly so its going to be fascinated when it gets done and what it will truly take for a team to get KD.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Well according to reports, KD agent said KD wont go to the Raptors unless he can play with Siakam/Barnes. From what I also heard, the Nets have no interest in Barnes.

We all knew this trade was going to be difficult to get done so honestly so its going to be fascinated when it gets done and what it will truly take for a team to get KD.

The Nets absolutely should have interest in Barnes. Putting your cards in the Ben Simmons basket isn't wise. Take the value where you can and figure it out later.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The Nets absolutely should have interest in Barnes. Putting your cards in the Ben Simmons basket isn't wise. Take the value where you can and figure it out later.

Yeah I honestly dont know what the Nets plan on doing with Simmons. He deactivated his IG but I think thats probably just him not wanting to deal with all the trolls out there. Who knows? So thats another side of the story that Im curious to see.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Barnes is the best young player the Nets can realistically land. Apparently the Suns are hesitant to include Bridges.