General Talk

DoleINGout

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 2:30 PM, Danger said:

Really hope y'all don't let Maye start until year 2.

What if it turns out the OL is somewhat competent, allows Brissett time to make plays, and the new WR corps is good enough to work with and create scoring drives. Would you still not want to see Maye in that? 

That’s not a prediction, just a what if. Seems a bit arbitrary to me just saying sit a year no matter what. 

If we’re as bad on O as last year, then yes, I don’t wanna see Drake Maye in there 

Edited by Hunter2_1

From rookie camp;

- Milton’s arm is a joke. What?!

- Maye didn’t stand out because Milton is also out there 😂

- who was working with Maye primarily? It was AVP, McCartney and McAdoo all about the same. Mayo said it will be AVP going forward primarily 

- Maye’s throws are night and day different to Jones’s out the hand. It’s not Matt Stafford or anything though. (from Curran)

- Baker had a couple drops

- Polk is big 

Obvs take with a pinch of salt because nothing means nuttin yet

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What if it turns out the OL is somewhat competent, allows Brissett time to make plays, and the new WR corps is good enough to work with and create scoring drives. Would you still not want to see Maye in that? 

That’s not a prediction, just a what if. Seems a bit arbitrary to me just saying sit a year no matter what. 

If we’re as bad on O as last year, then yes, I don’t wanna see Drake Maye in there 

It's weird, if you guys are actually doing well enough, then it wouldn't make sense to rock the boat midseason I feel like? 

There's like this weird thin line of where like you guys could be bad but not too bad that would be an alley for Drake to safely come in and not be derailed I guess. But honestly? I still think you guys finish with a top 3 pick next year at this point in time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

It's weird, if you guys are actually doing well enough, then it wouldn't make sense to rock the boat midseason I feel like? 

There's like this weird thin line of where like you guys could be bad but not too bad that would be an alley for Drake to safely come in and not be derailed I guess. But honestly? I still think you guys finish with a top 3 pick next year at this point in time.

Maye playing in 2024 has less (less, not nothing) to do with how the rest of the team’s playing, and much more to do with whether the coaches think he’s ready, IMO. 

We’ve seen QBs enter bad situations (worse than last year’s Patriots) and not be physically/mentally broken by them. The idea of only playing the QB once the rest of the team is setup is an idealistic one, especially for a top 3 pick. Allen’s rookie year was rough. So was Goff’s. So was Trevor’s. So was Tua’s. 

If the QB can’t take rookie lumps, then chances are they aren’t mentally tough enough to be all that good anyway.