Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, QBIso said:

Who tf is gonna be our backup C if we buy out McGee?

We still need to make some big moves with this roster long-term obviously. I think with the amount of stud guards in next years draft, it’s very unlikely we hold onto Sexton and Garland. 

Hopefully WCS. 

57 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I don't think we would buy out McGee just yet. I think the smart move would be to keep him on the roster until the deadline and let a guy like Bolden get some more PT in the Gleague. Flip McGee to a playoff contender for a pick at the deadline and then let Bolden take over the backup C responsibility.

I think he stays. He would have been bought out by now. 

This roster isn’t that bad. We could make the playoffs if Garland develops into a good player. 

The roster is clearly not great, but we have a solid group without any glaring holes. I just question the long-term fits of the guys on the roster.

Seems like our GM felt the heat and wanted to go for immediate competence rather than long-term.

PG: Garland/Exum/Delly
SG: Sexton/Porter/Dotson
SF: Okoro/Osman/Windler
PF: Love/Nance/Wade
😄 Drummond/McGee/Maker

23 minutes ago, QBIso said:

This roster isn’t that bad. We could make the playoffs if Garland develops into a good player. 

The roster is clearly not great, but we have a solid group without any glaring holes. I just question the long-term fits of the guys on the roster.

Seems like our GM felt the heat and wanted to go for immediate competence rather than long-term.

😄 Drummond/McGee/Maker

Theres no way we make the playoffs unless teams get ravaged by injuries. Our defense is too trash and Love/Sexton are currently the only two above average players on the team. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, QBIso said:

😄 Drummond/McGee/Maker

We aren’t making the playoffs with garland and Sexton starting together. Defense would be all time bad again. Sexton has to start until garland proves something. 

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We aren’t making the playoffs with garland and Sexton starting together. Defense would be all time bad again. Sexton has to start until garland proves something. 

Sexton is going to have to run point until Garland proves himself. Porter at 2. Okoro, Love, and Drummond. Could be a decent team. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Sexton is going to have to run point until Garland proves himself. Porter at 2. Okoro, Love, and Drummond. Could be a decent team. 

Sexton is going to play point the rest of his career. He’s too small to play anything else. He’s too short to guard SGs. Which is why he and garland are a terrible combo even if garland plays well. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck