Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Cavs need to retool this roster for a championship. Our big 3 (DG/Spida/Mobley) isn’t good enough to not have other studs around. Our bench is so bad right now & we don’t really have money to fix it.

IDK what the answer is to solving this problem, but the roster, as it stands right now, even with reasonable jumps in play from Mobley/DG, isn’t championship caliber. 

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Cavs need to retool this roster for a championship. Our big 3 (DG/Spida/Mobley) isn’t good enough to not have other studs around. Our bench is so bad right now & we don’t really have money to fix it.

IDK what the answer is to solving this problem, but the roster, as it stands right now, even with reasonable jumps in play from Mobley/DG, isn’t championship caliber. 

I think the first thing is going to be finding their identity and Mobley/Garland/Mitchell each figuring out their role and how they’re gonna get theirs.

From there continuity is going to be huge.  Not many teams can just put together some pieces and win a ring.  They’re gonna need some time.

I think they probably need to move on from Allen as well.  He’s not physical enough to be an *** kicker at the 5 and not skilled enough to play as soft as he does.  Mobley would also likely look better at the 5 at least as far as spacing goes for Garland and Mitchell.

Lastly they’re gonna have to hit on a pick and/or make a trade and develop some guys.  They don’t need to be studs, but they need to be capable role players.

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the first thing is going to be finding their identity and Mobley/Garland/Mitchell each figuring out their role and how they’re gonna get theirs.

From there continuity is going to be huge.  Not many teams can just put together some pieces and win a ring.  They’re gonna need some time.

I think they probably need to move on from Allen as well.  He’s not physical enough to be an *** kicker at the 5 and not skilled enough to play as soft as he does.  Mobley would also likely look better at the 5 at least as far as spacing goes for Garland and Mitchell.

Lastly they’re gonna have to hit on a pick and/or make a trade and develop some guys.  They don’t need to be studs, but they need to be capable role players.

Agree, especially on the Allen front. I would love to move him for a stretch 4 & move Mobley inside to 5. I would do naughty things to get Taylor Hendricks in this draft if someone coveted Allen enough. GG Jackson is the poor man’s Hendricks. Either one of those dudes in a trade for Allen would be amazing & open up cap space to find a bench scorer. 

I don’t think Allen is bad, by the way. I think he is a bad fit next to Mobley, who needs to either gain 15 pounds of muscle or develop a reliable outside jumper STAT. Some team will want Allen as a rim running switchable big. He’s redundant with what we have, plus we don’t run in transition for some hilariously awful reason (JB), which is Allen’s offensive appeal. 

• Like 1

Cavs Get:

Jonathan Kuminga SF/PF
Pick #19

Warriors Get:

Jarrett Allen C
2nd round pick

Cavs Draft: GG Jackson PF South Carolina

CAVS FA:

*Resign Caris Levert SG/SF

*Sign Harrison Barnes SF/PF

*Sign Andre Drummond C

PG: Garland/Rubio/Neto
SG: Mitchell/LeVert/Stevens
SF: Kuminga/Okoro/Osman
PF: Barnes/Jackson/Wade
C: Mobley/Drummond/Mobley

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We need more than anything is to find a way to inject more toughness into this team, whenever we play an elite team from the East, all we do is get punked and sent on our way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We need more than anything is to find a way to inject more toughness into this team, whenever we play an elite team from the East, all we do is get punked and sent on our way.

Hopefully some of that develops as Mobley, Okoro and Garland get a bit older.

21 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah we do have to get tougher, but at the same time, the team that just won it all is not what I would consider tough. I think if we could close the skill gap by adding some more deadeye shooters, the toughness factor wouldn’t be as glaring. We have to be tough because we lack scoring. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah we do have to get tougher, but at the same time, the team that just won it all is not what I would consider tough. I think if we could close the skill gap by adding some more deadeye shooters, the toughness factor wouldn’t be as glaring. We have to be tough because we lack scoring. 

The part your forgetting is that the Cavs make finding 3/D guys out to be rocket science. The Nuggets brought in KCP and Bruce Brown in the offseason for essentially nothing and look how much that helped their team--but Im going to have to endure an entire offseason of listening to the Cavs swinging and missing on every athletic wing on the market.

Either way, another note in the sobering world of the Cavaliers is that Windy just got on ESPN radio and said the Cavs should be 'very concerned' about Mitchell and the Knicks. Basically making it sound like hes just biding time until he can go there and that the Cavs should look to trade him after this season while they can still get something in return for him unless they go out and get to the ECF this year.

So thats fun. Really hope Garland/Mobley turn into All-NBA players in the next year!

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Draymond is fake tough. And doesn’t solve our issues of spacing/shooting at all. No thanks. Maybe 3-4 years ago. Maybe if we didn’t have Mobley/Allen. He makes zero sense for us unless we blow it up and trade one of the bigs. 

He’s been plenty tough enough to lead golden state for years. He’s the linchpin behind their defense and is still good. His lack of shooting has never been an issue there. He knows how to create space for shooters despite not being a shooter himself. He’s still a good passer. Smart screener. He knows where to be.