Camp Battles

Humble_Beast

What is your favorite camp battles, and who do you predict will win starting spots: 

QB2: Stidham, Mullens- this will make the preseason games a little more exciting. Each guy will get there drives to prove themselves. 

WR2: Cole, Robinson, Hollins , T Johnson- I think Hollins emerges, but this should be an interesting battle. Cole has been getting a buzz 

RG- Parham, Cotton, Barr, Elu- Good retirement has opened the door. Cotton has a buzz, but Parham was the first draft pick. Tough to count on a rookie. Elu and Barr are average vets, I like them more as backups. I think Parham wins the spot, but Cotton earns a spot on the roster. 

RT- Parker, Leatherwood- Beat writers have been hyping up Parker. Alot of people are cold on Leatherwood due to rough rookie year. I predict this is Leatherwood break out year.

DE- V Butler, Ferrell, M Butler, Lancaster, Peko-  I think Hankins and Nichols are locked in 2 of the 3 spot. I see us running a 3-4 with Maxx and Chandler as the OLBS. Maxx will put his hand in the dirt and move around. Giants typically ran 3 huge DL to start. 

ILB- Deablo, J Brown- idk if Deablo is a locked in starter. He's going have earn that spot, J Brown was a sleeper pickup. I really like the depth at ILB, but don't be surprised if J Brown is on the field alot more than you think .

CB- Rock, Mullen, Averett, Hobbs- Management brought in alot of guys for open competition at these spots. With Mullen out all camp, I look for Rock and Averett to start. I just wonder what is Hobbs ceiling. He is a stud Slot, but could he be a stud all around corner. 

SS- Abram, Harmon, Gillespie - I think Harmon wins the job. Abram last chance to prove himself. Still haven't heard anything about Gillespie 

Edited by Humble_Beast

The areas I’m going to be looking into as much as possible is OLine and interior DLine, they both have the capacity to sink our season if they go belly up! We need a couple guys to really stand up and take the jobs not just win the camp battle by default due to poor competition.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

The areas I’m going to be looking into as much as possible is OLine and interior DLine, they both have the capacity to sink our season if they go belly up! We need a couple guys to really stand up and take the jobs not just win the camp battle by default due to poor competition.

Yeah those are the battles I am interested in as well. LB competition will be worth keeping an eye on as well I think. Perryman looking for a new deal and Deablo did really well late last year, but this staff have brought in Young, Brown and Kizer (good on ST) and Butler seems to be showing up. Be interesting to see what the preferred lineup is. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

wonder if Lester Cotton lives up to the hype, he's this year camp stud by beat writers. Other guys who been getting hype: Mack Hollins, Tyrone Johnson, Darian Butler, Sam Webb. I'm probably a few names but excited to see if these guys ball out in preseason 

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Too bad Zamir White hasn't been participating in camp. Between Jacobs, Drake, Bolden, Brown and he, there's a ton of competition for that RB 3 spot.

sucks Sincere McCormick Is out too. He was the UDFA I thought could make it, he's a baller 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

wonder if Lester Cotton lives up to the hype, he's this year camp stud by beat writers. Other guys who been getting hype: Mack Hollins, Tyrone Johnson, Darian Butler, Sam Webb. I'm probably a few names but excited to see if these guys ball out in preseason 

Lester Cotton is a strange one, he’s hung around for a few years on the outskirts of the roster but never really took the next step. Played at a big college and has the credentials so maybe now is his time at last…….

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Lester Cotton is a strange one, he’s hung around for a few years on the outskirts of the roster but never really took the next step. Played at a big college and has the credentials so maybe now is his time at last…….

crazy if he does emerge as a starter, he was out of football the entire 2020 season! We cut him and he didn't even get picked up on any teams practice squad. We brought him back in 2021 

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

crazy if he does emerge as a starter, he was out of football the entire 2020 season! We cut him and he didn't even get picked up on any teams practice squad. We brought him back in 2021 

Didn’t know that he was out of football, that would be a nice underdog story! Hope the young man can do it.