The "Holdout" Thread

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

Given his injury history, does he have a case for a contract holdout?

I get he’s a very rare player and probably a top 3 S when healthy, but it seems like he’s never healthy. I don’t know, maybe I’m off base.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I get he’s a very rare player and probably a top 3 S when healthy, but it seems like he’s never healthy. I don’t know, maybe I’m off base.

I would bet that is a big piece of contention. The team probably wants play time incentive heavy contract and James's team wants guaranteed money

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

The injury concerns are legit. He has played only one full season during his rookie year, though he only missed one game last year. On the other hand, he’s a force when he’s on the field. Staley also is building his defense around Derwin. JT Woods was specifically drafted to help Derwin move around more. It sounds like the two sides are close. They may pay him more than Minkah but with less guarantees. I would also say that Derwin is like Bosa currently given the production on the field but injury off it.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1