Preseason Game #3

onejayhawk

8 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

I think once he gets his techniques down, he'll be a double digit sack guy 

Fair, very fair.   I just don’t see him winning early on in reps very often,  majority of them on coverage sacks because he doesn’t give up.  Which I love.    

Damn you @kingseanjohn  you still holding me accountable for the one move I wasn’t totally thrilled about.   I love the team this year, favorite off-season in years 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Damn you @kingseanjohn  you still holding me accountable for the one move I wasn’t totally thrilled about.

While I've always praised the move, I think I may have been a little too gracious in my initial scouting...

On 10/27/2021 at 1:33 AM, kingseanjohn said:

I love his relentless motor. Watching his tape, I'm reminded of TJ Watt (who I also loved). If he's there, I take him 9.5/10 times. Zero hesitation. High chance he's number one on my board if we pick in the 12-20 range.

This was obviously early in the process. GK isn't perfect but I think he has the tools to excel in the league. If he can be 2/3 of what TJ Watt is I'll be ecstatic. Plus, I doubt he sees all those double teams like he was today once he's playing with Jones and Clark.

48 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

While I've always praised the move, I think I may have been a little too gracious in my initial scouting...

This was obviously early in the process. GK isn't perfect but I think he has the tools to excel in the league. If he can be 2/3 of what TJ Watt is I'll be ecstatic. Plus, I doubt he sees all those double teams like he was today once he's playing with Jones and Clark.

If he turns into Watt,  you can @ me for every single sack he makes.  I will eat it with pride 😂

16 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

DT has franchise record for rookie sacks at 10. Does he get close to that?

Close? Sure. I really think he's going to benefit playing with Clark and Jones -- which I've said many times. Double teams should go to Jones with sliding adjustments towards Clark imo. His relentless motor should get him close to 10 imo. If not, Clark should have a career year -- which I also expect with him being in a contract year. Maybe not in sacks but at least pressures and possibly TFLs.

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Close? Sure. I really think he's going to benefit playing with Clark and Jones -- which I've said many times. Double teams should go to Jones with sliding adjustments towards Clark imo. His relentless motor should get him close to 10 imo. If not, Clark should have a career year -- which I also expect with him being in a contract year. Maybe not in sacks but at least pressures and possibly TFLs.

Over/under 8.5 sacks for GK

“”funny we work scramble drills and stuff like that,” Mahomes began. “We talk about it and we go through the mechanics of it and you have to get to certain spots and I think (Justin) Watson, he said ‘usually when you scramble you’re supposed to go with the quarterback and I’m realizing with you sometimes you’re supposed to go away from it’. He’s kind of learned me a little bit in that sense and we’ve worked those drills for those moments.””

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/8/21/23314671/chiefs-patrick-mahomes-big-day-justin-watson-good-offensive-line-play

thought that was pretty funny😂