Roster Cutdown Thread

Nex_Gen

Surprisingly, my perception has changed more positively for Mitchell since the preseason. Still, looking at the big picture, him making the team would have been an indictment on how bad that position group would be. Glad that's not the case.

Edited by Nex_Gen

57 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Once Thornton goes to IR I think gets resigned. There were some tough cuts and guys I would have liked to keep but for the most part it is what I was expecting. I still think there were several players I would have kept over Cody Davis. I'm not saying that Davis is horrible just I feel there were players cut that could help more than Davis and players that could have developed that may be lost. Davis is the personal protector on punts and last year the Patriots had three blocked punts, I think there was room for improvement. 

• Like 1

Some Thoughts: 

• I'd be surprised if Humphrey isn't claimed, a WR needy team should pick him up
  • Bo Melton is still really intriguing to me.. it would be fun to see his speed in the slot with Thornton on the outside
  • I'm over the JJ Taylor experiment..  I would only put him on the PS if they lose Harris

Practice Squad: 

• Kevin Harris 
    • I'm surprised they didn't IR him tbo, they must be confident nobody will claim him. He could be good if he fixing the fumbling problems
  • Drew Desjarlais 
    • I think with a year on the practice squad he could turn into a player 
  • Arlington Hambright
    • He would be a great elevation candidate.. being able to backup 4 spots
  • Devin Asiasi 
    • I'm over him at this point but could see them keeping him around just to have a 3rd TE in case of emergencies 
  • Labryan Ray 
    • It's a toss up if he is claimed.. but i'm sure he will be on the practice squad if he isnt
  • Cam McGrone
    • He needs another year in the system.. if he doesn't get claimed he is a year 3 leap type guy like Jennings 

I'm not going to get into who should of made the team, except for one player, Jahlani Tavai .

Keeping  Tavai for ST is a complete joke. He stinks and has no business being on a NFL roster.  He a disaster at LB, 4th string players light him up.

ST is 20% of the game is old school numbers, it should be 1%!!!!  Bailey kickoffs out of EZ 100% if BB wanted, but no, he plays those stupid games. Kick it to the 5 and change field position, by the way it works maybe half the time. How many KO a game for the Pats 4 (plays) !!!!!!!!!

You telling you can't find JUST one young guy in the football world willing to run into a wall, that plays LB to fill his position on ST.  Someone that might turn into a player. I don't care if he has less than 1% chance the a 1000 times better than Tavai.  

Also you cut him do you really worry that someone else will pick him up?? Zero chance. They already have their young guys there, running into walls!!!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, m haynes said:

I'm not going to get into who should of made the team, except for one player, Jahlani Tavai .

Keeping  Tavai for ST is a complete joke. He stinks and has no business being on a NFL roster.  He a disaster at LB, 4th string players light him up.

ST is 20% of the game is old school numbers, it should be 1%!!!!  Bailey kickoffs out of EZ 100% if BB wanted, but no, he plays those stupid games. Kick it to the 5 and change field position, by the way it works maybe half the time. How many KO a game for the Pats 4 (plays) !!!!!!!!!

You telling you can't find JUST one young guy in the football world willing to run into a wall, that plays LB to fill his position on ST.  Someone that might turn into a player. I don't care if he has less than 1% chance the a 1000 times better than Tavai.  

Also you cut him do you really worry that someone else will pick him up?? Zero chance. They already have their young guys there, running into walls!!!!!

While I agree with everything you are saying, Tavai at least sometimes plays LB even if it's bad. Cody Davis is special teams only and he's nothing special.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:18 PM, m haynes said:

We had one. Terez Hall

On 8/31/2022 at 8:18 AM, m haynes said:

I just watched Tavai's highlights from 2019 with the Lions (only high light video) the first thing I noticed was how short it was, then most of the plays were Tavai as a pass rusher. I would say that he has pictures of someone that they don't want shown. Otherwise not sure how he made the 53-man roster.