Utah Jazz Trade Guard Donovan Mitchell to the Cleveland Cavaliers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The one thing I have learned is to not put much stock into what might happen 3 or 4 years from now.  Things change so much.  Some players improve, others don't but there is always something that happens to change what is expected.  Nobody saw Harden in Brooklyn and then again moved to Philly two years before it happened.  Same with Utah blowing it up and other things of that nature.  The Cavs are in a tight spot but good GMs can be crafty and get things done.   

I don't even think they can trade a 1st until 2031 and that wouldn't be until next year. Of course things can and will change a lot over the next few years. I just think that Ainge traded Donovan to Cleveland rather than New York because he knows it's much less likely that he sticks around in Cleveland or that they can attract more star talent than New York. One potential wild card move for the Cavaliers though would be to trade Allen for a wing and then move Mobley to the 5. 

I'd call the Raptors about OG Anunoby and the Wizards about Kuzma.

• 3 weeks later...

Knicks really dropped the ball missing out on Mitchell

dude has looked fantastic so far. Just what the doctor ordered. It’s early but I see him resigning when the time comes. Having Allen and Mobley surrounding him is a huge help defensively. 

His 3 ball has been on fire so far to start the season. Outstanding move bringing him in 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

dude has looked fantastic so far. Just what the doctor ordered. It’s early but I see him resigning when the time comes. Having Allen and Mobley surrounding him is a huge help defensively. 

His 3 ball has been on fire so far to start the season. Outstanding move bringing him in 

He wouldn't look as good if he were our whole roster. Be thankful that Ainge traded him for your spare parts because he cares more about owning the Knicks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 11:53 AM, brownie man said:

Donovan is a baller, Knicks are a poverty franchise.