Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Here's one for you guys...

Patrick Mahomes or Jayden Daniels?

Don't even think it's worth rostering Mahomes at this point if you also have Daniels. I'd try to move off of Mahomes to improve somewhere else on your team.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Don't even think it's worth rostering Mahomes at this point if you also have Daniels. I'd try to move off of Mahomes to improve somewhere else on your team.

It's a 10 team work league. This is what I'm rolling right now.

QB Jayden Daniels, Patrick Mahomes
RB Jonathan Taylor, Saquon Barkley, Jordan Mason, Joe Mixon, JK Dobbins, Austin Ekeler, Nick Chubb (IR)
WR Malik Nabers, Zay Flowers, Romeo Doubs, Keenan Allen, Ladd McConkey, Rome Odunze
TE Kyle Pitts
Justin Tucker

I have multiple avenues to try and address WR if I want too

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's a 10 team work league. This is what I'm rolling right now.

QB Jayden Daniels, Patrick Mahomes
RB Jonathan Taylor, Saquon Barkley, Jordan Mason, Joe Mixon, JK Dobbins, Austin Ekeler, Nick Chubb (IR)
WR Malik Nabers, Zay Flowers, Romeo Doubs, Keenan Allen, Ladd McConkey, Rome Odunze
TE Kyle Pitts
Justin Tucker

I have multiple avenues to try and address WR if I want too

I'd package Mahomes with something for another WR.

With Adams out, my wr2 spot is a mess. 

Thinking doubs, but I have Jameson Williams, Brian Thomas, Courtland Sutton.

Full ppr. Big TD bonus which helps Williams, but his floor is down there given the opponent

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

With Adams out, my wr2 spot is a mess. 

Thinking doubs, but I have Jameson Williams, Brian Thomas, Courtland Sutton.

Full ppr. Big TD bonus which helps Williams, but his floor is down there given the opponent

They're all risky but I'm going Jameo easily. Lions / Seahawks should be high scoring and he can break a long TD at any point. Thomas is similar but harder to trust the Jags offense. I want no part of any Broncos players going up against the Jets on the road.

On 9/29/2024 at 9:41 AM, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I'd dangle him out there because he has name value, but he's effectively been a spot-starter for fantasy in most formats for a season and a half now.  If you have Daniels (who doesn't have his bye until week 11 or 12, I believe - I have him, I really should know this myself), you should at minimum be able to package Mahomes with another player to improve yourself at a different position.

Also, evidently I made a smart last minute call in my Big Money league when I dropped Rome Odunze for Darryl Mooney.  Granted, we haven't seen what Rome puts up this weekend, but in a league where scoring puts a premium on TD's, Mooney have 100 and 2 tuddies last night and has a much more favorable schedule in the period wherein I'm now trying to ride out the sheer hope that Tua comes back (even though he shouldn't) to revive Waddle or Rashee Rice (or Andy Reid) make some sort of Faustian bargain that his knee - that was injured by his own QB - heels to playing shape in the time spent on IR.