๐Ÿˆ Week One: Buccaneers @ Cowboys

bucsfan333

Bucs will win this game. Iโ€™ve felt like that since the schedule dropped with Brady back. Their pass rush isnโ€™t or has not shown enough to slow Brady and our pass game down. Parsons and Lawerence are players but Smith and Wifs are damn good themselves.. our interior will have to hold up. Hainsey/Goedeke first time under the bright lights - we may see some young player mistakes but nothing critical thatโ€™ll be detriment to the outcome of the game bcโ€ฆ

Hicks/Vea/Shaq/JTS pass rush is poised for something special. No Cooper this time around. Dak is very good but im not sold on their pass weapons. We already know Zeke probably will be neutralized.ย 

Bucs 27 Cowboys 17

Edited by indifference

I actually feel good about our secondary. Its the cowboys secondary i think is exposed here. Dean, Winfield, and Davis are top players at their position. Bunting belongs in the slot but i think Ryan takes some snaps away from him in nickel packages.ย 

Offensively, I'm not sure how Brady will be. I saw some decline at the end of last year - but maybe it was due to 50 throws a game heading into december lol. I'm hoping we establish the run with two inexperienced starters at LG and Cย  in Goedeke and Hainsley - I think we run the ball 30X sunday night. Not sure how they'll hold up in the pass rush game. Sure Mason is a "new starter" but he's established and played with Tom.ย 

I don't see it being a shootout and us controlling the tempo - something we didn't do under BA. 24-14 Bucs.ย 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I actually feel good about our secondary. Its the cowboys secondary i think is exposed here. Dean, Winfield, and Davis are top players at their position. Bunting belongs in the slot but i think Ryan takes some snaps away from him in nickel packages.ย 

Offensively, I'm not sure how Brady will be. I saw some decline at the end of last year - but maybe it was due to 50 throws a game heading into december lol. I'm hoping we establish the run with two inexperienced starters at LG and Cย  in Goedeke and Hainsley - I think we run the ball 30X sunday night. Not sure how they'll hold up in the pass rush game. Sure Mason is a "new starter" but he's established and played with Tom.ย 

I don't see it being a shootout and us controlling the tempo - something we didn't do under BA. 24-14 Bucs.ย 

I trust Dean,Winfield,Davis as players. But I just dont know if it is our defensive scheme or what but even with these players last year we would get exposed a ton. Maybe Bowles just relies too much is corners to lock ppl down and that just doesnt happen enough imo (and dont get me started on the 10 yard cushions)

i have 100% confidence that Brady will be fine as long as Haisney holds up to an average level.ย 

On 9/9/2022 at 11:38 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I trust Dean,Winfield,Davis as players. But I just dont know if it is our defensive scheme or what but even with these players last year we would get exposed a ton. Maybe Bowles just relies too much is corners to lock ppl down and that just doesnt happen enough imo (and dont get me started on the 10 yard cushions)

i have 100% confidence that Brady will be fine as long as Haisney holds up to an average level.ย 

I agree. honestly, I don't even think Davis fits what Bowles looks for in a corner. That is why Licht preferred to tag Davis but they couldn't get Godwin a long term deal by the tag deadline and he was top priority. In my eyes we over paid for Davis but somehow got him for what 15MM a year? Somewhat cheap given how much guys get overpaid on the market.ย 

Dean is our best corner and Winfield is a beast. I am worrisome of Edwards replacing Whitehead. Whitehead was not only an experienced and valued beast back there at Safety - his football IQ was top notch and rarely ever missed his assignments.ย