2023 NFL draft thread

Forge

10 hours ago, Forge said:

One day, someone will explain the Hendon hooker thing to me. Now talk he may go 12 to Houston? 

It has to be smoke and bs. Remember, this time last year sam howell, Matt corral, willis, and ridder were all probable 1st rounders

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Yep.. 25.. injured... gimmick offense where he had maybe 2 reads on one side of the field.. no thanks

Everyone knows how I feel about the age, so I don't need to go into that...but I have some real, real questions about how his actual game translates to the NFL, and that along with the age is a major double whammy. He doesn't handle pressure well at 24 in college,  didn't do much of anything out of the structure of the scheme, and doesn't smash the intermediate levels of the field as much as  you would want, especially moving toward the NFL. I just don't know what part of his game is translating well to the NFL level. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

He throws a very pretty rainbow pass.  It looks like it touches the moon.

This just makes me think of Jeff Blake lol. Still one of the prettiest deep balls I have ever seen 

• Like 1

Pipe dream time here based on the narrative that Trey Lance is going to be traded: 

We trade Trey to Houston for one of their 2024 1st round picks. This insulates us from the possibility that Brock doesn't come back the same or that last year was just a flash in the pan as we would then probably have the ammo to trade up if needed to land a top QB again next season.