2023 NFL draft thread

Forge

13 minutes ago, GW21 said:

How do you feel about Jordan Battle? I think he’s a guy that could be a starter and possibly be available in our range.

If we are dead set on safety in the third, he's my top pick, probably followed by Robinson. I think he's just super solid across the board.

I'm not sure if we started drafting Alabama guys again yet though lol

On 4/7/2023 at 8:04 PM, Forge said:

If we are dead set on safety in the third, he's my top pick, probably followed by Robinson. I think he's just super solid across the board.

I'm not sure if we started drafting Alabama guys again yet though lol

Yeah, Battle seems super solid at just about everything. And we have our safeties take on a variety of roles and drop in and out of the box. I love the way Jammie reads and pursues the football. He's a missile out there. And the testing numbers for the 10 + 20 yard split and 3 cone agree with that. But he's also small for the position where Battle is pretty much the physical prototype. 

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think there's about a 103% possibility that we either draft a RB toward the end of the draft or pick up one, or maybe even two, as UDFAs. 

Who are the RBs you like the most as 7th-round picks / UDFAs?

Deuce Vaughn is going to go later because he's the size of my pinky. Keaton Mitchell is similar. Both of these guys are better players who will fall because of their size, I think. 

Mohamed Ibrahim is a stocky, one step in front of the other type running back. I like his game for the simplicity, but kind of hate everything else. He's a sixth year senior (25), which is as a running back makes him ancient. Has only slightly more experience catching passes in college than I do. I'd probably go with someone else, but in the 7th round I really don't care all that much. 

The guy I would kind of like is Hassan Hall. He never quite forced a productive role in college, which is very concerning, but he's got good traits. Pretty much a straight line long runner. 

Darius Hagans is a UDFA from a small school I would look at. I can't tell you much about how he looks because finding real stuff from VA state is pretty much impossible but the traits look good and reading up on him he seems like a decent guy to give a workout to at the the very least. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think there's about a 103% possibility that we either draft a RB toward the end of the draft or pick up one, or maybe even two, as UDFAs. 

Who are the RBs you like the most as 7th-round picks / UDFAs?

It would be a bit higher, like a 5th, but I love Izzy Abanikanda out of Pitt.. fantastic vision and tough as nails 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adamq said:

It would be a bit higher, like a 5th, but I love Izzy Abanikanda out of Pitt.. fantastic vision and tough as nails 

I'm on the Izzy train, but I think he goes higher than the 5th. If he's there in the 5th, I'd strongly consider him. 

I feel like after we grab a TE, CB, and S, it's free game with the rest of the draft. The problem is, we have very few roster spots available for rookies. It's going to be very interesting to see how they play this draft. It's kind of why I think we end up converting a couple of picks this year into picks next year. 

Keep shunting picks to the following year until you need a massive draft class due to cap shaving. 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 9:53 PM, adamq said:

Love me some Izzy but doubt he still available in the 5th...

If he is we should be all over him...

As you said, tough, good vision and more importantly he has great speed.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 10:29 AM, Ftn49 said:

He also watched a buddy of his die a couple of months ago. Look, I get all the doubters and feel free to bring him to me if he doesn't pan out, I surely do when he makes it. I've watched him play for years now and this feels so similar to Jamar Chase to me a couple years ago. People getting wayyyy to down on one of the most elite players in the draft.

I can't shake the feeling he will end up a Seahawk. 

I heard a story about Pete Carroll and Frank Clark from someone connected to the Seahawks that I think is relevant:

Basically, Frank was accused of domestic violence in college. I don't know the details but he ended up marrying the woman in question and is still with her today. He fell in the draft. Seattle took him, told him "don't worry, we know you didn't do it, we believe in you".

Frank's dad died in a house fire (arson, he was basically murdered) at some point around this time and Pete was acting as a sort of a father figure to him. 

Frank played through some injuries with the expectation he would get a new deal soon. Pete was riding him hard. He goes to Pete with one year remaining on his deal and says he can't play another year (through a shoulder Injury?) without getting paid. 

Pete was pissed and said something along the lines of "how dare you do this to me, I think of you as a son. I can't believe you would pull this sh!t after we took a chance on you after you beat your girlfriend". Obviously he was traded after that. 

I can't help but think Pete will try the same, manipulative game plan with Carter. "don't worry, we know you didn't do anything wrong" 

The person who told me this story said the Seahawks go after guys with troubled backgrounds because they believe they can manipulate them more easily.

Some guys don't go for it though, and I was told specifically that it's why Marshawn didn't get the ball on the 1 yard line in the Superbowl, he saw right through Pete's bullsh!t and was having none of it. So, Pete purposefully called a pass to prevent Marshawn from having that moment. 

If Carter isn't a Seahawk, then he will be a Lion. That team is going to be a problem real soon. I don't think he makes it out of the top 6. 

• Like 1