2023 NFL draft thread

Forge

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Anton Harrison is who I'd try to get. I'm not seeing the value otherwise. Maybe Addison, though I am not a fan of his lack of physicality for us specifically. Ditto Zay Flowers. I like Kincaid. Not a fan of Washington - I'll be in on stiffer, linear TEs as soon as more of them actually do well at the NFL level again. The Edges seem meh value for me. There's just a host of guys that I don't quite see as starters that are mocked anywhere from there to the 4th round. I love Kancey for one gap teams; though the arms are legit scary, he's such a demon and gets under your pads that I could see it still working. Bresee is not interesting to me. He got a lot of single team looks and really wasn't impressive against them for me for the hype. 

This draft is not great.  There are some major dead zones. If we were going to give up a bunch of picks to get the players we have, glad it was this one lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JIllg said:

Anton Harrison is who I'd try to get. I'm not seeing the value otherwise. Maybe Addison, though I am not a fan of his lack of physicality for us specifically. Ditto Zay Flowers. I like Kincaid. Not a fan of Washington - I'll be in on stiffer, linear TEs as soon as more of them actually do well at the NFL level again. The Edges seem meh value for me. There's just a host of guys that I don't quite see as starters that are mocked anywhere from there to the 4th round. I love Kancey for one gap teams; though the arms are legit scary, he's such a demon and gets under your pads that I could see it still working. Bresee is not interesting to me. He got a lot of single team looks and really wasn't impressive against them for me for the hype. 

Harrison is available and I'm up...but not going to lie...I'm super tempted to draft Jordan Addison lol 

5 minutes ago, Geek said:

I actually like Derick Hall. That blend of speed, (arm) length, and power is nice

I like Hall as well. Similar to Harrison that he woudl be somewhat of an unsexy pick here. I think that they are both mid round seconds, so value is about right. I think I'm mostly disappointed that I didn't really have anyone I thought of as likea  top 20-25 player available here. 

Addison and the tight ends are probably the surplus value here

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I like Hall as well. Similar to Harrison that he woudl be somewhat of an unsexy pick here. I think that they are both mid round seconds, so value is about right. I think I'm mostly disappointed that I didn't really have anyone I thought of as likea  top 20-25 player available here. 

Addison and the tight ends are probably the surplus value here

What did you give up to move to 33? I can't imagine a TE is going to be worth that value.

I actually really like Tucker Kraft. It’s taken a while for me to get to his film. A little like Josh Whyle was as a freshman. He’d fit as a complement to Kittle. Bigger guy, physical, but not stiff or linear. Really good after the catch. Really good at using his body. They used him on screens and end arounds. Tested well athletically. Can definitely see the raw Gronk comparisons. A lot of bigger guys get that comp that are just utter stiffs and therefore have no shot at that upside. Kraft isn’t that guy. And as a bigger guy he can handle some of those blocking assignments you wanted Tyler Kroft for. Whyle is a little in the same boat as Kraft but his tape the last two years has been less stellar. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I actually really like Tucker Kraft. It’s taken a while for me to get to his film. A little like Josh Whyle was as a freshman. He’d fit as a complement to Kittle. Bigger guy, physical, but not stiff or linear. Really good after the catch. Really good at using his body. They used him on screens and end arounds. Tested well athletically. Can definitely see the raw Gronk comparisons. A lot of bigger guys get that comp that are just utter stiffs and therefore have no shot at that upside. Kraft isn’t that guy. And as a bigger guy he can handle some of those blocking assignments you wanted Tyler Kroft for. Whyle is a little in the same boat as Kraft but his tape the last two years has been less stellar. 

Kraft was the guy I was aiming for in tcmd because I didn't think guys like Laporta were going to get to me and he still went 20 picks before I selected 😂

I've started to come to terms that we may not get any of the tight ends I want in round 3, but maybe can get Strange later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Kraft was the guy I was aiming for in tcmd because I didn't think guys like Laporta were going to get to me and he still went 20 picks before I selected 😂

I've started to come to terms that we may not get any of the tight ends I want in round 3, but maybe can get Strange later.

Yeah, Whyle is about the last fallback I’d even consider. I’m not sure the rest of the guys even beat out what is on the roster. Not interesting stuff.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Forge said:

About 6 selections before I make my pick at 33. Would you make a small trade up to get any of the following:

Edge - Lukas Van Ness

People are super split on him it feels like. I think late first is a decent enough spot for him, but there are some like DJ who are super bullish on him and have him like top 15. 

Anton Harrison / Blake Freeland - The best two tackles available probably. I don't think Freeland is worth that kind of pick, Harris on is the type that if he's there at 33 I'd maybe pick, but I don't feel I'd want to go get him. But again, this position is dropping fast. 

Dalton Kincaid / Darnell Washington - The latter seems like a guy that Shanny would be in to. I don't love the height, humorously enough. 

EDGE - Keion White / Zach Harrison / Derick Hall. I like White quite a bit. 

Other guys still out there: 

Addison, Zay Flowers, Bresee, Kancey (as much as i love the freakish athleticism, the short arms kill me). 

Anyone that any of you guys have way higher than anyone else? 

I actually like Freeland. In the reps I saw of Senior Bowl practices, Freeland stymied every rusher except Foskey. I think there is a lot to work with there with Blake. 

But did Kincaid fall that far?! GRAB HIM.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I think we're going to have to move up into the early 3rd or even into the late 2nd to grab the TE we want. I can see this draft class being as low as 5 or 6 guys depending on how aggressive they want to be with targeting talent. 

I'm REALLY hoping we sign an edge rusher rather than draft one. This would help to narrow the focus in the draft as well as give us a better chance at production opposite of Bosa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I actually like Freeland. In the reps I saw of Senior Bowl practices, Freeland stymied every rusher except Foskey. I think there is a lot to work with there with Blake. 

But did Kincaid fall that far?! GRAB HIM.

I think Freeland has to wait a year unless you're really going to hide him in pass protection. End of the second makes more sense to me for him and I couldn't take him over Harrison who is just a better prospect imo. 

I thought about Kincaid, but really didn't sit right with me with the positional value and immediate impact of Harrison

26 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think we're going to have to move up into the early 3rd or even into the late 2nd to grab the TE we want. I can see this draft class being as low as 5 or 6 guys depending on how aggressive they want to be with targeting talent. 

I'm REALLY hoping we sign an edge rusher rather than draft one. This would help to narrow the focus in the draft as well as give us a better chance at production opposite of Bosa. 

I said it earlier in the thread but I kind of feel like we may move two thirds this year and one next year to get to the very tail end of the second. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I said it earlier in the thread but I kind of feel like we may move two thirds this year and one next year to get to the very tail end of the second. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see us stay put. I don't know that there is a huge discrepancy between the talent where we are picking 3 times and the end of the second. We lost a decent amount of guys this offseason. 

If we do move up I hope it's for a guy like Emmanuel Forbes who I think could be a game changer, but may fall due to his size.