5 (173): Warren McClendon, OT, Georgia
6 (216): Chad Ryland, K, Maryland
7 (222): Dante Stills, DT, West Virginia
7 (247): Ty Okada, S, Montana State
7 (253): Arquon Bush, CB, Cincinnati
7 (255): Justin Shorter, WR, Florida

https://theathletic.com/4413880/2023/04/17/nfl-7-rounds-mock-draft-2023/

Brugler's latest mock draft.

I don't think we wait until our 4th pick to draft a TE but overall the positional needs look fine. Would like an OL earlier than pick 173 but that's a small complaint. 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think we wait until our 4th pick to draft a TE but overall the positional needs look fine. Would like an OL earlier than pick 173 but that's a small complaint. 

From a lot of mocks I've seen or done, the end of round 3 is kind of no mans land for TE's so I would not be surprised if we wait until round 5. That also probably guarantees that he will be a stud too.

I don't think we'll get 2 WRs, but other than that it looks pretty much like something that really could happen.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised. Every time I mock, there's just no tight end worth that pick at the end of round 3. 

Just me or has the hype for this draft just not there? 

Not even speaking 49ers related....seems like there isn't as much intrigue with who the Panthers #1 pick could be, or where Jalen Carter could fall, etc 

Draft is in like 2 weeks but its still been kind of dead

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Just me or has the hype for this draft just not there? 

Not even speaking 49ers related....seems like there isn't as much intrigue with who the Panthers #1 pick could be, or where Jalen Carter could fall, etc 

Draft is in like 2 weeks but its still been kind of dead

It's a bad draft

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a bad draft

Reminds me of 2013 which was bad league wide. We had a ton of picks that year and the only contributor I remember was Eric Reid 

Maybe we should try to trade up, or trade out of this draft into 2024 if possible

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

IMO, the only way we don't take a TE in the 3rd (or higher) is because all the TEs they like go higher than what they're willing to trade up for. 

I think if we don't land LaPorta, we end up taking Davis Allen. 

Man, people really do like them some Isaiah McGuire. I had no idea people really liked him like that.  I really don't get it lol. I just don't see a guy that's going to be successful on the outside except in maybe a straight up power rushing situation. 

ESPN Insider's 3 round mock gave the 49ers the following 3, done by Kiper & McShay.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/36187198/three-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-predict-102-picks-alternating-all-32-teams

99- OT/G Joey Fisher, Shepherd

101- DE YaYa Diaby, Louisville

102- CB Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, TCU

On 4/17/2023 at 12:28 PM, 49ersfan said:

Reminds me of 2013 which was bad league wide. We had a ton of picks that year and the only contributor I remember was Eric Reid 

Maybe we should try to trade up, or trade out of this draft into 2024 if possible

Both, preferably. I'd like to secure a TE and FS and then have some late-round picks to fill up our practice squad. If we can move a couple of picks this year for some 5ths and 6ths next year, I'd be very happy with that.